Dear BuF'ers, I'm in desperate need for help.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

phillys

Continuing the Legacy....
Aug 31, 2001
Home @ Malaysia
www.youth-fellowship.vze.com
Dearest BuF'ers,

As some of you might have known in IRC, I'm currently in charge of doing a website for a youth group in my town. Well, I have done one before using MS Frontpage and seriously, it looks like sht. :( So, with 1 more month to go, I would like to design v2.0 of that website. The problem is, I only know the very basic of HTML and I intend to do a website that looks neat, clean and cool. With this thread I've posted a picture of how I wanted my website to look like and I need some help as in where can I find resources to help me to do/design that kind of website.

Currently, I'm facing so many problems. I do not know how to set link buttons and stuff...all I currently know is drawing with photoshop and that is all I can do. I need to know where to learn that kind of stuff that will help me to design that kind of website.

I've been told to 'google' for HTML tutorials but I really couldnt find tutorials that are suitable for me/would help me to do it. I know basic stuff like linking to images and stuff but I do not know how to setup a menu of link buttons, align them and stuff....I'm not sure what you guys would think but I plan to do it in the following order:-

1. I would first create a template using photoshop(or whatever way. I really dont know how)
2. I would start creating the contents (this is the hard part cause I dont know much about HTML. my best bet would be using Dreamweaver and open my template and from there I type out how I want my website to look like.

I'm mighty confused and I'm very disappointed with myself. Please help me. I need to know how to create a template and then from there I shall create my website. I'm so freaking confused and I dont know where to start...I think I'm going to cry... :(

Attachments

• example_1.jpg
    example_1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 52

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
The first and single time I did a website it was with frames and 3 separated flash menus, using Flash is very intuitive... but for the rest you need experience, to keep it clean and neat. It's just experience, you´ll learn.

And BuFers will help you :D

phillys

Aug 31, 2001
Home @ Malaysia
thanks you guys so much for your replies..

well, as for the graphics thingy, i think i could handle it but the problem is making all the graphics that i've created using photoshop and making them aligned and stuff into a navigation menu kind of thing. do you get what i mean? i hope you guys do :p

annyway, ill keep posting here with all my crap and gibberish stuff..check your pm, scum :p

Kaligraphic

Charles leChaud is my hero
Oct 22, 2002
Everywhere.
www.google.com
PF, what is the structure of the site? i.e., what is the content?

(I personally use html-kit from www.chami.com to write html. I like that it does that autocomplete dealy, and that it changes the color of text for quoted strings (good for checking that I've escaped all quote marks), php blocks, and that sort of good stuff.)

And I would suggest using CSS for the boxes instead of tables for two reasons. 1: the w3c says it's better. 2: it just plain looks snazzier.

I'm learning html/css myself right now, so maybe we can compare notes. (PM if interested)

phillys

Aug 31, 2001
Home @ Malaysia
ahh...I'm currently looking for web pages that teaches me how to create my own 'layouts' using CSS cause it looks pretty snazzy and 'neat'. seriously, where do I start? after checking out the 'guide' at glassdog.com, I now have a 'basic' guideline on the usage of CSS. It's really cool and you have more control over it. plus, it's easier to understand than creating tables :p... suggestions anyone?

phillys

Aug 31, 2001
Home @ Malaysia
alright, ill be using the 3 column "holy grail" CSS layout posted on glish.com with me modifying a couple of codes withing it. yes, it's really flexible and right now, I like what I see :) btw, where can I get a reliable and free shoutbox kind of thing? yeah, one that also dont send me spams and stuff...thanks! :)