Packet loss

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've seen the Redeemer work fine online. Have never tried it though.
I must be getting old because I don't remember any game similar to UT that didn't get a patch or two ..or three ..or ten..

Cebu

Nov 29, 1999
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
It seems that everytime I play online that the disconnect icon pops up every few minutes. I've tried changing modems and adjusting settings ingame but to no avail. I play q3 and h/l online with no problem so I doubt it is my isp. Any suggestions? Comments? I appreciate the help. Thanks :)

------------------

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
LOL!!!

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

Sock

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
Its just the simple fact that there isnt the raw number of UT servers up yet in comparison to Quake 2. The first unreal had Known netcode issues and I suspect that there are many servers admins hesitant to give up the space until they hear others say that the game is better than Unreal, netcode wise. Which it is, btw. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif Try and be patient as more servers will certainly be coming on-line as the game now is in wide release for the holidays.

When you have 1,500 servers to choose from for a quake game you will be much more likely to find better gameplay, at least from your perspective. As you can find servers that you have better connections to far easier. i think UT has less than 500 servers running at present. ITS NOT UT's fault. UT is great game, with great netcode. I played it all weekend (4 days straight, hehe) on my LAN with friends with nary a glitch. My only wish is that I had a server so I could support Epic for all their hardwork. I would be happy to host UT.

All in all, just be patient. Your choices will improve.

Lastly, do NOT ever listen to The Wraith! as the dozens....and dozens of my fans will confirm, The Wraith is a posting board crap distruber. He likes the fact that your problem lends credence to his belief that UT has flawed netcode. Well you know, The Wraith will have a date with Socko soon enuff!....Have a nice day /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
You pick the IP and I will be there lol !!!!! As for the netcode thing lol it does exist,lol all in due time my friend all in due time.. Patch #1 will be out soon as will there be many more to come after it lol ..Just incase you don't believe me about the patch hehe ask around its for a fix because if you try to fire the redeameer with alt, it blows up in your face lol it works fine offline but only fuks up online lol!!!!

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

Cebu

Nov 29, 1999
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. UT is a great game. Just because it might have some bugs doesn't take away from the fact that it awesome.

All games will have patches because games are constantly being revised. Most people are under the impression that when a game is released it is supposed to be perfect. It ain't so. The mark of a quality game is the support factor and I truly feel and believe that Epic will resolve any problems that exist.

If I remeber correctly Quake and Halflife had a load of patches and they are considered great games. Thanks again. :)

M

Meister

Damn and I thought I was doing something wrong with that damn redeemer...LOL

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
Wraith can you at least try to stop saying LOL!
its annoying when after every sentence you put LOL
like are you really laughing to your self after ever thing you say?

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Alright smart *** go to a server and launch the redeemer not with fire but with the alt key and watch your a$$ fry !!!! And whoever cracked about the LOL !!!! Shut the fuk up who asked you!!!!

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

Watchdog

Nov 29, 1999
windsor, ontaio, canada
Visit site
I hate to disagree, but I've fired the redeemer without problems (yes wraith with alt fire) and it never has exploded in my face. It has to do with packet loss--if your connectin fails, even briefly, the redeemer considers it a release and splat. SO it works if you have a solid connection

Damphir

Nov 24, 1999
Lakewood, CO, USA
Visit site
Hey Wraith...hate to tell ya bud..but i think ya need to reinstall UT or hang it up on a shelf next to Unreal if you can't get the redeemer to work for ya..blah blah blah. It works just fine..no problems at ALL! Ask OF Upyours how well it works! HEHE

bullet2.gif

There is symmetry in death.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I went back and tried the redeemer online and everything was OK. I used Alt-fire and steered it around for awhile until it toasted everything in sight. Damn that's a cool weapon. ...must be your connection, Wraith.

You aren't using some kind of odd joystick are you?

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
hahaha!!! It stated with high pings dummy my ping is around 140 lol!!! Reinstall, man you must be a genius I would have never thought of that one!!!!! If anythings gonna hang buddy its you when I frag your A$$ for that comment Damphir !! I dont get disconnected from the server although I do get the little fuked up disconnet icon that flashes at a 140 ping lol netcode is the only thing that would cause that not my IP hell you probably are using a cable modem , Isdn or asdl to make that stupid a$$ statement!!!! But thats ok I understand hehehe like I have been saying 56k modem are becoming obsolete with these memory hog games !!!

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

IGP.PiXel

Nov 10, 1999
members.home.net
You ping 140 on a 56k?! Damn, I should send back my cable modem and go back to dial up. I'm lucky to ping as low as 150.
Anyway, a big problem is all the ppl who start up servers on their old p90's, hooked up to a cable modem or isdn connection limited to 128k upstream, and run 16 player games. STOP IT!!! Then this sort of crap happens:
ut.jpg

(I have to add that Latch isn't one of those morons, but this screenie *was* amusing 'cause he was having a few server probs that day /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif )

[This message has been edited by PiXel (edited 11-30-1999).]

Damphir

Nov 24, 1999
Lakewood, CO, USA
Visit site
*Sniff Sniff* Hey Wraith?? IS that a challenge I smell?? Well, well, well..all i have to say is BRING IT ON BRO! =)) I am ALWAYS up for a good giblet dinner with a nice rolling head for dessert!

By the way
"It stated with high pings dummy my ping is around 140 "
"If anythings gonna hang buddy its you when I frag your A$$ for that comment Damphir !!"
"netcode is the only thing that would cause that not my IP hell you probably are using a cable modem , Isdn or asdl to make that stupid a$$ statement!!!!"

Must you resort to such an immature rhetoric that your incompetent self can't understand things if they aren't monosyllabically defined for you??
GIVE ME A BREAK! Take a couple valiums and relax pal.
Before you spout off and start flapping at the gums, maybe you need to realize just who the audience that you cater to is, with this jester side show that you display. =)

bullet2.gif

There is symmetry in death.

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
No you listen up !!! #1. repeating my message just shows me kind of a dumb *** you really are #2 Don't underestimate me,remember i am the one who is after you with evil intent!!! KILL, MAIM,HURT, DESTROY !!!!!! Things start to work for me on a server, if I am provoked into anger !!!! Trust me fool you would be a total waste of my time !!!! But thats ok it would be worth watching your head go flying off as I snipe your a$$ ........ You have no Idea about what I am capable of at any given time, so shut the hell up!!!!

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.