paint ball, the only sport worth beans

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
got back from a nice little game of P-ball :)

it was my little sis's birthday and she wanted to play paintball. she's 13 now, and she played pertty good. since she IS only 13, we decided to pay extra for body armor :D

it was funny sneaking up on my little sis and bunker'n her in a little building.
me: "surrender"
sis: "eeeeeek!!"
*sis attemts to run away*
*me pegs sis in the back*

lol :D

but she said she had a blast and wants to come back some time.

I get hit in the thigh by my bro's Spider XL. got one of those Pball rings :) you know, when the ball hits and the soft center gives in, while the outer edge slams in with full force.

but I got him back when we surrounded him and in all the chaos of it we managed to peg him 3 or 4 times before we realized we outed him. :D

god I love this game!

phat-2-s.gif

newbie.jpg

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
right on paintball rocks.

don't mind me semi's are for losers.
Pumps 4 Ever.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!

[This message was edited by Lord Bunker on Jan 28, 2001 at 22:54.]

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I dunno, that PTXtreme looks like a cool stock class/semi hybrid ;)
pt_extreme.jpg

PTXtreme

Ya know, Sam Tussing seems to think it's a good gun too. That's saying alot ;)

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
yep, i've thought of getting the new one as a sidearm for my hammer. it's getting to big to snapshoot anymore. being as i get stuck playing speedball so much a small semi pistol might come in handy everyonce in awhile.

it seems they've gotten most of the problems with the orignal pt licked in the current version. only thing i don't like is 12 grams can get a bit expensive. a ca adapter would be nice for that reason.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!

air soft is played at my feild

PAINT BALLBONANZA

here are the feilds

Topia2_small.JPG

good cover, mixture of buildings, and brush. the raised structure can cause problems for the team on the oposite side of it

Bonvill4_small.gif

comes in town 1(small town) or town 2(full town). town 1 is fast and has great cover. town 2 you lose most of your cover, eccpet for the brush on the left and right.

BadLBunker2_small.gif

two bunkers on oposite sides of a wooded area, with a small open area. the open area has limited cover, but can be more promisng than the paths where ambushes are CONSTANT. friendly fire is constant from jumpy teammates.

Swamp3_small.gif

paint ball hell. lots of brush, mud, and cover is only in patches.

Mvc-011f_small.jpg

FAST games here. basic tourney style arena. great for 4 on 4 matches, hell great for 10 on 10 matches! :D

phat-2-s.gif

newbie.jpg

[This message was edited by phatcat on Jan 29, 2001 at 20:06.]

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i will tell you though in my experience there's nothing like the satisfaction you get from taking the guy with the angel out with a single well aimed shot from your trusty pump.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
I never played Paintball or Airsoft yet :( But there are 2 places for Pball there, so I guess I will have some expieriance with it soon.

EDIT: I meant Regina instead of "there"

[This message was edited by Acey4 NA on Jan 30, 2001 at 19:41.]

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
which pump. i've only used my own equipment, i've never rented. my first marker was a talon. my current is a kingman hammer. most fields here localy no longer have pumps for rent. nobody wanted to rent them. so they just use semi's now.

here's a good pic of one from kingman
hs_newh.jpg

i'll attach a pic of my stuff
it's not exactly current.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!
http://www.geocities.com/lord_bunker/

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
by the ball in the barrel i assume you mean closed vs open bolt. well, like most things related to paintball i'll say it's mostly personal preference. there are closed bolt semi's like the autococker which is a pump converted to fire semiauto. pumps are generally beleived to be more accurate. truthfully it's really the playing style that goes with it and evolves from playing that way.

pumps
pumps aren't much slower than a semi auto either. i can easily match the speed of any lowend to midrange semi with my pump. plus a good pump is typically cheaper than a semi. simpler to maintain, more reliable and moreefficient. you'll use less gas pershot and probably shoot alot less. i find that 200 paintballs is all i really need for a good day of play.

semi
hair faster, easier to snap shoot, more common. that's all i can think of. good for speedball.

but over all there's not much difference at all tween closed an open bolt. all pumps are closed bolt and most semi's are open. paintballs are so inaccurate to begin with that not much will affect them. but probably the most accurate out of the box marker i've ever seen is the phantom. i personally use a pump because i'm faster with it, more comfortable plus i have more fun and walk away feeling more satisfied. i've always felt that i'd really rather struggle, playing my best and loose then win and fell like i had the game handed to me. when you play with a pump you know it was skill that got the guy out not a $2,000 marker and a case of paint.

i might put some on my web site but it's pretty doubt ful i'll get around to it any time soon try looking at www.warpig.com

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!
http://www.geocities.com/lord_bunker/

what makes Paint Ball great is this

1. you acctualy get off your ass
2. thrill of the hunt, nothing beats hunting down another person in the forest.
3. you get hurt. lazer tag is good, but do you think twice about jumping around a corner to attack? no, why? becasue lazers don't hurt. how in paint ball. those things are go'n 300fps and some times leave bruses, now you think twice about rushing that bunker. :D
4. shoot eachother, and everyone walks away, with at worst bruised.!! :)

phat-2-s.gif

newbie.jpg