Lift on bans until master server up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Hi there,

Due to the noticeable lack of players with this lastest master server outage, I'm proposing a lift on bans at least until the master server is back up. What do you all think? Good/bad/desperate/stupid/etc?

Just kicking around ideas. Hell I'd rather have some notorious TK'ers than so many empty servers.

-Bleeder-

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Well I dunno what to say... I was on MYU last night around 10:00 PM CST, and there were only 8 players. Sad, but true.

-Bleeder-

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Speaking of MyU, why doesn't the master server (when it's up) or Qtracker show that MyU is passworded? Very annoying. Or it is since I don't have a password for it (hint ;) ).

Last night I wanted to play, but the only 2 servers with people on them were MyU and X clan's (?) new map server. I was able to play for a bit on AP-Minos, then waited for a few of minutes for a 600k map to download and played on that, but when a 12mb map started downloading I had to give up. 56k sucks.

Anyway, I think unbanning is a mixed bag. From what I've read on this forum, some people seem to have been banned for piddly crap (complaining about maps/admins), but others definitely deserved it.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
GotBeer the password for myu in in their forums. It's also somehwere in your own post.

Splinter

rifk
Feb 29, 2004
Over there!
It doesnt show as passworded because it isnt... the password appears after theres quite a few players (not sure what number it is, about 10?..just a guess)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
<kicks self repeatedly>

I actually was on last night for a while, apparently before the password kicked in. MyU has the best ping I've found, with only the occasional 15-20 sec pause while my connection catches up (I hate coming back from those to find I'm dead and getting kowned!)

-GB

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Well the master server is up and I don't think people care. This sucks :( Yeah, yeah... whine, whine, bitch, bitch... gotta stop that.

-Bleeder-

Status
Not open for further replies.