StarCraft II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Understandable since it sucked horribly. It basically had no purpose or story. There was like 2 developments within the whole story. Get anti-kerrigan device. Attack Kerrigan. Even that was rehashed. Fail sequel. :(

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
It's also going to be pointless when she turns right back into infested Kerrigan. If the leaked footage is anything to go by, HotS's story is going to be even worse than WoL's.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
Yeh, the story and storytelling is terrible.
what I find ridiculous is that the plot doesn't change if ever you do some missions or not :
what if I choose to not do the Zeratul missions ? Does that give me an ending with Kerrigan dying ? that would be cool.

Oh and the fact that Terrans can get even remotely close to Char is too unbelievable to make me care. :p

Now I have to get back to some MP action or try to get some portraits. :p

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yeh, the story and storytelling is terrible.

I still haven't finished the campaign, and this could be rose tinted glasses, but I swear the original game wasn't as bad story wise. This is passable, but I feel like somewhere in the last decade Blizzard's writing quality took a nosedive. It's not Michael Bay bad, but I don't feel like this game grabbed me in the same way SC1 did.

I think the biggest issue I have is that the new characters don't add anything to the story (Tychus, the science lady, and Tosh are just props to provide motivation for the missions), and all the mystique over the original characters was pretty much handled in SC/BW. There's really nothing new being covered. Which I guess is to be expected since this is the first act in a trilogy of games, but this is probably the longest I've seen a story just biding time until part 2.

That said, the best cinematics are the ones for the "non-canon" endings for the ending of each plot arc.

Levels are still cool. Just the parts that connect them are mediocre. At this point I'm expecting Diablo 3 to have the same problem: meh plot/writing, fun gameplay.

Last edited:

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
It's not really surprising that SC2's story sucked so much. Metzen has ignored previous games before.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVzaU_Taz-8&feature=related[/M]

This video sums it up pretty well.