Unreal Evolution for UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
I worked on UTR, so I'm under no illusions about how big of a project this is. However.. UTR was almost done when we abandoned it. It's not impossible. It's going to be a lot of work and take years, but there is a possibility here.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know it's an enormous task, but I'm hoping we can do it in sections like Hourences "The Ball" mod. Yes, you'll get incomplete sections of the game, but you'll get sections. And when all the sections are done, you have the whole game :)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I like the idea of where this is going. Kinda like episodic content, only done right(thats right valve learn a lesson or two)

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Not only do I think this is total waste of time and an awful idea (seeing as how NO ONE knows what Epic's plans for UT3 are ... they may still have lots of patches planned (or even a UT3.5 similar to UT2K4 and I am certain they have some more content planned for UT3 players), it is also a way to cause greater friction between the PC and console communities (not that anyone around this console hating place would likely care) and tbph I just do not see this getting anywhere ... maybe 25% completed in the next 18 months but more than likely not even that. And people can say that is being negative all they want but the fact is this is not very practical and I don't think folks realize the level of complexity and the sheer amount of work it is going to take ... heck you might as well just make a new game. I'm definitely going to track this mod, and if I am wrong and the mod actually gets released and is not a piece of crap I will be the first to admit I was wrong and give congratulations. But again I think this is a totally impractical project ... not that my opinion matters but I felt compelled to give it nonetheless.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Brizz,

One thing you could do is reach out to the Machinima community early so that they (IF they want to participate) might produce a kickass intro to the first chapter.

They could also glue the Chapters together either chapter by chapter or post release.

Also, but im sure youve thought about this, talk to Parser and ask him if he wants to contribute with his awesome Ripper weapon he made.

Theres a guy (i cant remember his name atm) thats working on a nalicow that looks amazing. Ill get a link after i get home from work.

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
About that nalicow, I don't think he really needs the encouragement (though I'm sure it will be appreciated). In fact, I think it may find it's way to UT3 somehow ;)

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Hmm, well to be honest Episodic content isn't simply just cutting up a big game into a little game. The way I see it, think of episodic content as a sandwich.

If I give you each individual ingrediant of the sandwhich you won't like it much when you get a bottle of sauce.

If I give you little squares of a sandwich, it's much nicer.

However, I can understand the restraints in order to release a mod in this case.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
This is a cool idea! I'd be more than happy to help you out with level design. Actually, just a few days ago I got my hands on the UT3 limited edition, so those tutorials will come in handy to learn the new engine quickly. Unfortunately, I don't have a computer to run it (yet).

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
I have to admit, my impulsive reaction is rather skeptical and disbelieving.

But I'd love to see it happen, so you'll have my enthusiasm as long as you maintain measurable, incremental progress.

When you're finished here, please have a go at remaking System Shock 2 and Deus Ex. :B

B4NE

Unregistered User
Mar 17, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
www.optikal-illuzionz.com
Good luck with this Brizz (and anyone else involved). Sure I'd love to play the remake but I think I'd get more joy knowing the big **** you Epic would be receiving by seeing the community take better care of their game than them.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
[SAS]Solid Snake;2182602 said:
I think it'd more be more fun to try to remake Deus Ex on the UT3 platform.

That would be wonderful- but I think Eidos may have legal issues with this. Epic, however, has previously said that they "Love the idea of you using content from previous games to enhance the new ones" or something along those lines.