Sluggish level - DM-Baths

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AmigaOne|BuF

Masterful
Sep 14, 2000
Lansing, Michigan
Has anyone else had trouble running DM-Baths smoothly? I don't typically have trouble running any levels but this one seems to be an exception. Actually the only other level that I've noticed hiccups on is DM-Absolute Zero. I'm guessing it is just too many polys dragging my system down but I'm not sure. I should have enough horsepower. I'm running a 1GHz P3 with 512MB of RAM and a 64MB GeForce 2GTS.

Anyone else run into this?

Miracle

is Chrome{SoLo}
Mar 16, 2001
Kentucky...hehe yep
Visit site
I am having very similiar problems with maelstrom LE...Inside the forts my fps drops to avg 28 but when I reach the courtyard it skyrockets to my normal for most maps of around 130 and my rig is bout same as yers...p3 1gig, Geforce Ultra, 128 megs ram..Not sure why some maps do this

AmigaOne|BuF

Masterful
Sep 14, 2000
Lansing, Michigan
Baths

I will try and do a frame analysis to be sure but I am thinking at times my framerate drops to 10 or so.. maybe in the teens. All I know is when I try and play it I'm bot fodder. The sluggishness doesn't seem to affect their aim any. Unfortunately.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm experiencing problems in the level dm-parking. When i stand in front of the garage, framerate drops. A huge drop.
:( shame though. I'm playing on 800x600x32, high wordl detail, medium skin detail etc..
p3 800, gf2 mx and 256 ram. Most levels run fine.
DM-falkenstein is a memory hog. :I

Ps look up the following level on nalicity:

dm-futurestadium.
I wonder if your rig will be able to handle that level...

AmigaOne|BuF

Masterful
Sep 14, 2000
Lansing, Michigan
Framerates

Well I tried DM-Baths again and it still sucks like I thought it would. :) My framerate started around 60 and went straight down to about 16.5 and hovered there.

I tried Futurestadium. Started at 140 and went down to about 80-85 and stayed there.

DM-Parking started at about 70 and stayed between 55-60 no matter where I was.

I couldn't get Falkenstein so I'll have to try it later.

I'm running 32-bit 1024X768 with everything turned on in OpenGL using S3TC.