ZP & 413: s'okay

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Thanks for the info Jibe.

You mean to tell me that:

If a server is running ZP...
A client can enable/disable ZP for his client only?

So.. I could jump on a ZP server with some HPW's using ZP - but I could opt to NOT use it while they do. VERY interesting. This could be the answer a lot of people were looking for.

As well, the other fixes you mention:
The shots that appear to miss, but hit - I think this one disturbed me the most, but could never really put my finger on it
The shots appear to hit, but miss - another bugger
and spam removal...
All sound like top fixes to me! I look forward to trying it out!

Thanks again Jibe.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Umm what about the one where someone could Disconnect their cable/lan connection casually walk around shooting people, reconnect and score kills?
Is that covered in the above??

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name VaShooter{PuF}

Jibe

Mar 20, 2000
zeroping.home.att.net
The Zeroping Alpha seems to work fine with 413. If anyone finds an incompatibility, please email me.

Real life's jumped up in my face, and I'm not going to have any time to give to zp until Monday. I expect to release the Zeroping Beta in the middle of next week.

Here are the changes since the Zeroping Alpha release:

- Can't get hit AFTER ducking behind a corner
- Can't run around killing people while lagged
- Fixed shots that appear to miss you, but hurt
- Fixed shots that appear to hit, but don't hurt
- No longer possible to respawn dead
- Fixed Instagib rifle sometimes failing to fire
- Optimized net traffic to lower bandwidth use
- Encrypted net traffic to prevent proxy hacks
- Added player commands to enable/disable Zeroping
- Removed spam

I won't be around the forums until Monday night, so your best bet to reach me before then is email.

jibe
zeroping@att.net
http://zeroping.home.att.net

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Rooster, it sounds like you would be willing to try to play against a Hpw with zp on, while you have yours off! That is pretty sporting of you, because don't you think you would be under quite a disadvantage (compared to what you could have, at least). I realize that people get accustomed to the way they lead their shots, but, it is pretty easy to get accustomed to hitting what you aim at, too. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

PotLuck

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
I have a lot of fun with ZP. I'm an LPB but I've played as a HPB. Thanks Jibe! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

BTW, do all mutators disable data to NgStats? I wouldn't know, I have stats off anyway... just curious /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Hu, yup, that's exactly what I'm saying.

As I regularly only ping around 150 or less to all the servers I play on - adjusting certain weapons for 150ms and not others really throws me off. I think I could do just fine without it.

I look forward to trying it out.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Jibe, what easy way is there going to be, to identify the zp servers if you don't do it the same way as with the alpha? Since UT doesn't have a good filter in the menu system, it is really nice to have it as part of the server name.

PotLuck

Mar 29, 2000
Visit site
Sure, I average 150-200 ping and have been known to win playing the admin of a server. What's the diff? 150 ms is below the human response time anyway (eye to hand tho you can sense it). Playing against zero ping players isn't bad at all with 150. Get above the 250 ping level, well, that's another story.
I'd have to go along with Rooster on this one. No prob. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Cleaner's UT FAQ. Get the most out of UT!

http://www.crosswinds.net/~cleaner71/FAQ/FaqMain.htm

Jibe

Mar 20, 2000
zeroping.home.att.net
Rooster: Dazright... You'll be able to disable zp on your own weapons only. Hardcore instagib players were complaining that zp was throwing off their timing, so I figured this would help.

Hu: I think I'm going to keep the "zp|" tag for the next release. Although a couple of server admins have complained about it, I bet I'd get a LOT more complaints if players who don't like zeroping felt they couldn't avoid it. I hope the beta will make everyone in the world happy... on the off chance that it doesn't, the "zp|" will prolly never go away. If the beta DOES please all, and 413's new filter thingy turns out to be useful, I may make the tag optional in a later release.

PotLuck: I think ngStats only counts a mutator as a "Mod" if it has a package that the player needs to download (like zp). I'm not positive though... anyone else know for sure?

jibe
zeroping@att.net
http://zeroping.home.att.net