Mouse Scroll Probs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Psychotron

Feb 25, 2000
Visit site
Hey, has anyone had any troubles with their mouse scroll not working in UT. I have a Logitech FirstMouse+ OEM running on a Win2k machine with a Viper550 using 3.78 reference and Mouseware 9.0. The scroll doesn't work and either does the button. Definitely a pain in a massive CTF session.
Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Daghdha

Feb 23, 2000
www.two-sided.com
I have one too.. scroll mousy, m$ exploder kind.
And when i look in the menu to assign buttons i notice i can assign
click - left mouse
right click - right mouse

But no middle click!
Nor can you specify a key combo to be executed when you click.

e.g. NEXT is basically ALT-<left arrow> being generated.
Why not give user the option to specify his own text/shortcut.

Pisses me off that.
Hope you find a solution coz middle is my secundairy fire :/

NB: This is not a UT problem real, mor a mouse driver problem. As i see it.

Psychotron

Feb 25, 2000
Visit site
Hey, for anyone who uses a Logitech mouse with a scroll and find their scroll doesn't work in UT, here is a fix (finally!)
Go to Logitech's site and there is a registry patch you can run that will fix it. Basically, the logitech driver and mouseware has problems with the game. If you run the task manager and End Task EM_EXEC.EXE and run UT, you should find your mouse scroll working again. The reg entry I believe resolves this without having to kill that process.