Death after 3 seconds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[f'izi:k]

Never made bright skybooxes.
Jan 6, 2001
Oslo, Norway
Visit site
I`m making a new DM map...it`s a airplane...I want to make an open hatch for the landing-gear, so players can fall down and watch the beautiful plane from the outside...:D
but...i want the players to die after about 3 seconds...not to fall down to the bottom of the room I`ve made the plane inside....how do I do this?

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
I think in this case you should do the following:

-Place a zone portal (Build a sheet that seals off the bottom of the room below the plane-add it as specila-zone portal)
-Make it into Vacuumzone (Place Actor-Info-Zoneinfo-Vacuumzone under the sheet)
-Open up the properties of the Vz and set the kill time under Vacuumzone
-Set Painzone under zoneinfo to false
-Set Damagepersec to 1 (doesn't matter)
-Set NoInventory to true (so weapons won't remain there)
-Define a funny Damage string like: %k checked the clouds from below... (%k will be the name of the player)
-Set damagetype to Specialdamage

-Rebuild

It's done. (unless I forgot sth :) )
I hope that it helped...
If anything is unclear just ask...

Bye.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You could try using a cloudzone...it eats the projectile you fire at it but you can't define a damagestring for it...at least I couldn't.

Check DM-Barricade for example.