The flag in CTF should be something unique and futuristic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What kind of flag would you like?

• Total voters
May 17, 2005
California
FireCrack said:
A worn, tattered, fabric flag is best!

An interesting idea is a classic flag that gets worn and tattered as guys cap it. The more caps, the more rips! Then by the end of the game the flags are so screwed up theyre simply rags stuck on sticks! sort of a transition

EDIT: Bullet holes!!! thats it! make the flag a semi-destructible object so you can shoot it fulla holes and stuff

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
[IrT]-Lance said:
An interesting idea is a classic flag that gets worn and tattered as guys cap it. The more caps, the more rips! Then by the end of the game the flags are so screwed up theyre simply rags stuck on sticks! sort of a transition

EDIT: Bullet holes!!! thats it! make the flag a semi-destructible object so you can shoot it fulla holes and stuff

LOL, I would just be in my base shooting smilies into the damn thing if that were the case. I'm easily amused and distracted like that :p.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
I don't want to carry a fecking electrified penis under the name 'flag'. I find the flag a perfect thing for a gametype like this. Even though UC2 /Q4/HL2CTF goes gay and decides to redo the whole thing into 'capture the glowing penis', doesn't mean UT2007 have to.

Last edited:

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Disclaimer: No i dont want Epic to delay UT2007 for a year by implimenting this,

Its a spinoff from [IrT]-Lance:s idea.
As a little bonus feature making the flag take damage and thus indicate how difficult the flagrun was would be pretty nice.

If the flag is VERY torn and burnt it was a hell of a flagrun if its shiny and new it was like stealing candy from a child :)

Of course there would have to be a lowest level so that the flag is still "readable"

Last edited:

TraCK

Amateur Sketch
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas City
kafros said:
Why would you want the flag replaced?

In 4000 years of recorded human warfare it is propably the only thing that remains unchanged.

kafros said it right! If they are going to call it a flag, it needs to look like a flag. In another 100 years is your countries flag on the flag pole outside just going to be some sort of retarded hologram or something? I doubt it. Its gunna stay a simple, cloth flag.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
A flag that gets scorched or does something other than flap in the air would be cool.

I like the idea of a more interactive flag. The flag cap holographic animation when a team scores would be cool. The flag showing gradual signs of damage if the flagcarrier gets hit with a rocket or something would be cool, too. I'd also like to see the next ctf to have a lot more assists and teammates being close to the flagcarrier so if he drops it someone is really close by to pick up the flag and continue the run. So if there was a total of 4 players carrying the flag and getting fragged on the run the flag would be really torn up and scorched by the end of the run.

cubemario

Cubely Wrath
Apr 5, 2005
Canada, Alberta, Calgary
Personally I don't care, but I say have a flag that fits the environment your in. For example, if your in a futuristic style place, have a futuristic flag. If your in a more natural looking spot, have a normal looking flag etc.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
A different set of flags for every style of map would be the perfect solution.

Ancient map - ancient cloth on a wooden stick or summin, that gets torchured with bullet holes and gets ripped, the more people pick them up, cap them or whatever)

Tech map - Something like uc2 or q4.

Grendelkeep-like map - Normal like what we have now.

TraCK

Amateur Sketch
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas City
Bullet10k said:
A different set of flags for every style of map would be the perfect solution.

Ancient map - ancient cloth on a wooden stick or summin, that gets torchured with bullet holes and gets ripped, the more people pick them up, cap them or whatever)

Tech map - Something like uc2 or q4.

Grendelkeep-like map - Normal like what we have now.

^I like that idea. But just some ghey hologram is kind of stupid.