Snow

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
I saw a very nice snow script for UT, in the map CTF-ArcticBase...unfortunately, it is UT only as it uses a feature in the Actor section that is in the UT Actor class only.

There is a rain/snow tutorial on CHiMERiC but it doesn't work, it needs some new lines of code. It is here: http://www.planetunreal.com/chimeric/tutorials/tut5.html

I was wondering if anyone could make me or complete that snow script for Unreal 1. The ArcticBase stage's snow had no effect on FPS, so I'm not worried about FPS lossage.

LifesBane4C
LifesBane4C@Hotmail.com
AIM: LifesBaneX

--==**LifesBane[4C]**==--
Want to learn how to map? Email me!

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Check out the third page in the Infiltration Mapping Community thread. Keek is working on a snow/rain generator that can be added to maps. It looks really cool, and can even be dynamicly changed (I think) to rain down anything you want (ash anyone?).

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Again...that is a UT snow gen...I am looking for an Unreal1 snow gen...there are differences. There is already a really good UT snow gen too.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
man thats pretty tough lifesbane, its really hard looking for people willing to still work on unreal. id love to help you out because i myself still love unreal(i stopped ut mapping for a while to work on an unreal map actually) but i don't know jack $hit about scripting.

hope you find what youre looking for.

JB.gif

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Thanks, I'll check it out.......I still prefer INF for Unreal over the current online version for UT, so I make maps for Unreal 1

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
My snow generator will rain anything as long as it's one picture. I'm currently testing/improving it.
But.. I don't know much about Unreal.. I'd subclass that generator you have from a Unreal class like (?) effects, decoration or even actor. C no reason why that shouldn't work. If that works than mine should work with you too.

It's a piece of KeeK!

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
/me grabs monkey wrench, prepares to toss into works

So is there a way to make snow accumulate?

/me runs and hides from flying stones

ZundSig4.gif

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
With the UT snowgen, I tried subclassing it under effects, as that is what it is originally sublassed under. The Actor class from UT is different than that of Unreal, it has some physics stuff in it that isn't there in Unreal, such as the 'bSimFall' property that the SnowGen uses...I have an idea of something that might work though...........
::runs off to test idea::

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Accumulating snow would be really cool, but I think I'd be happy with footprints slowly disappearing.

Hmm... I just though, if soemone were to make a snow surface deep enough to walk through, would it be possible to have it slow the player, and leave tracks like someone treading through snow? This could be pretty cool.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Hiya Spooge! Yup, I remember you...lost your ICQ as I got a new computer and had to re-install windows on the other, which screwed up ICQ. I still talk to Slick on occasion, too.