exporting UT models?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stinky_pete

Nov 11, 2000
home.earthlink.net
I'd like to make new skins for the skaarj hybrid model, but I don't know how to get at the model file, so I can open it in Painter 3D.

If anyone knows how to get the models OUT of UT and INTO any model format (like .dxf or .obj) I would greatly appreciate any help.

I've been able to start on custom skins for the male soldier and male commando, only because the original skinner at Epic made the Painter 3D files available on his website.

Thanks in advance

stinky_pete

Nov 11, 2000
home.earthlink.net
Write my own exporter!?

Sweet Moses! I'm just a graphic designer!

I coudn't code if there was a gun to my head! I felt all proud of myself because I was able to change UT's .int files to use my custom skins!

D'oh!

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
just launch unrealed,then open the texture browser and look for the package 'tskmskins' or something like that it contains all the skaarjhybrid skins.You can export them to .pcx and then reimport them IN ANOTHER PACKAGE (or else your UT won't work anymore).
In case you wouldn't be used to editing skins:they are not easy to edit with a paint program.The whole skin of the character is 'folded' and proportions are not respected.

stinky_pete

Nov 11, 2000
home.earthlink.net
Laodis - thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.

ToaPai Pai - yeah, I know all that stuff. what I needed was a way to get the models into my 3D paint program, so I could create new skins. (they are really hard to figure out in photoshop)