Format for screen shot

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Photoshop! Photoshop! Photoshop! Photoshop!
Heh heh. :)

That's the best for making screenies. Think about changing color levels... your screenies will look better, more artistic and professional.

:( :( :( :(
Photoshop's price :enforcer:
:( :( :( :(

WiLD2

W4NG
I have upped the brightness

I upped the brightness in the GUI under video or something, then when I took some screenies, they were still dark, thugh the level "looked" brighter. I think I'll just temporarily add more lights to the level or make all the surfaces unlit or something while I take the pics, then set them back.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
NO NO you won't need to do that.

Just increase brightness at ADVANCED OPTIONS (it's in the editor). That will do the trick.

WiLD2

W4NG
PSP7

Thanks for the help. I just got Paint Shop Pro 7 so hopefully that is a good enough program for doing the stuff I need to do. I've used PSP6 since it came out, and it's been pretty useful. I'll just temporarily increase the brightness under advanced options to take the pic, though I need to add more lights to the level anyway, and after reading Wolf's tutorial on lights, my level should soon be done. Wolf over at http://unreal.gamedesign.net has some great UeD tutes (but they are all for Ued1, not 2). Does anyone know how to give your lights that "flashlight in fog" look so you can see the rays? That is one tutorial I haven't been able to find.