Aimpoint for FAMAS?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Just wondering... since the FAMAS is so well suited to CQB (bullpup, high ROF), wouldn't it make sense to include an aimpoint for it?

I'd much rather see an aimpoint than a supressor.

I think it'd help with balance and ensure the FAMAS had a niche.

Technophile

Look, location works again!
Oct 31, 2000
Texas, USA
I'll vote for an aimpoint. Anything that restricts your field of view less than the frigging carry handle/iron sights of the FAMAS is an improvement!

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
How would you mount one on it though? Is it possible to mount a rail onto carrying handle, and reflex sight onto the rail? With M16, reflex sights are attached to the front of carrying handle and handguards (front sight post instead of handguards with 14.5" barrel M16 and Elbit Falcon sight), but on FA MAS carrying handle goes almost all the way to muzzle...

Technophile

Look, location works again!
Oct 31, 2000
Texas, USA
I've never seen a FAMAS in real life. Now that that is out front, I wonder if there is a sight available to the French military? I would assume something would attach through the handle like the M16 mounts. Of course you couldn't use the iron sights then but they are useless anyway. ;)

&

"Sp!ke"

The FAMAS G2 can (I think) use any NATO standard telescopic sight, but i would rather have a supressor, since the size of the gun in hip position makes it easy to aim anyway....

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
I'm sure it can, would make no sense if it couldn't, but what mount is used? Is the carrying handle detachable M16A3-style? Or is there a rail adaptor that mounts on the carrying handle?

&

"Sp!ke"

"There small hole in the carrying handle allows the mounting of a
standard length weaver rail. Bridged to allow access of the iron sights.
If I'm not mistaken, a picatinny rail is now available as well. There is
an alternate upper receiver that mounts a powered scope integral to the
carring handle" qouted from somewhere, think this answers your question

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
I assume it's somewhat similar to mounting a sight on a fixed carry handle M16. Pictures generally show the scope mounted on top of the carry handle (apparently designed to take any NATO STANAG/standard scope).

I saw some reference to carrying handles with built in scope mounts (http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:pg7A05vXcvw:[url]www.remtek.com/arms/famas/+remtek+FAMAS&hl=en[/url]).

Someone listed an aimpoint as being among the devices used by the Foreign Legion' commando.

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/equip/infant_abc/infant/famas/images/famas_cat1g.jpg

Last edited:

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
So the scope mounting on FA MAS is effectively copied from M16A1, with the only difference being the rail adapter used. Good to know.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
For reference, IDF tries to equip all infantry soldiers (not just spec ops) with reflex sights (red dots, electronic red dots, aimpoints, whatever you want to call them). Considering that IDF is one of the most active armies in the world, I'd call that a proof of their usefulness :)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
I may be wrong (shakken will make sure I never forget it if I am), but I dont think those are FAMAS G2s

The G2 has a "lip" on the end of the foregrip, those ones don't.

How old are the photos?

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Originally posted by jaunty
I may be wrong (shakken will make sure I never forget it if I am), but I dont think those are FAMAS G2s

The G2 has a "lip" on the end of the foregrip, those ones don't.

How old are the photos?

Yes those ARE not FMAS G2, because only some part of our army have them (only people I know is navy).

Yes F1 uses AImpoint (specially foreign legion. It is a part of what we called "prefelinisation" of our weapon).

Yes Aimpoint and M203 also can be attached to the G2, but not with the same mounting device.

Yes I would want ont too !

&

"Sp!ke"

I may be wrong but isnt the G2 the only one of the FAMAS versions that uses a 3 vent flash suppressor(so it can fire rifle nades)?
And does anybody have a pic of a G2 with M203?

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Originally posted by "Sp!ke"
I may be wrong but isnt the G2 the only one of the FAMAS versions that uses a 3 vent flash suppressor(so it can fire rifle nades)?
And does anybody have a pic of a G2 with M203?

I don't have any FAMAS+M203 pic
sad.gif

But a FAMAS F1 CAN fire RG.

&

"Sp!ke"

That bit about rifle grenades and FAMAS was ramblings of a tierd spike...

I may be wrong (again) latest variation of the FAMAS - G2, features following changes:
- bipods removed and replaced by conventional sling rings
- barrel grenade launcher removed
- trigger guard extended to cover whole grip
- M203 40mm underbarrel grenade launcher could be installed

needless to say: Iam confused. Some places it says that the f1 is the only one that can use M203 and some says that g2 can fire RGs.

CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A COMPLETE SPEC LIST OG THE G2, THANKYOUVERRYMUCH!

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
I read that the G2 could NOT have an attached M203 (the only FAMAS / m203 pics I can find are of the F1/G1 whatever with the old trigger guard).

[edit:
The foregrip is the problem. It now has a "lip" or something.]

Last edited: