Bill Gates on reducing world population through vaccines

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
I am *not* making a value judgement on atheism.

Maybe "Religious" was the wrong word. Whichever way you spin it, if you're a die-hard atheist, then you're a devout believer in an unprovable system of faith.

I'd say that's religious.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
This will probably be my final response to that line of discussion which I have traversed too many times:

devout believer

Atheism is comprised of skepticism, not belief.

in an unprovable

Proof doesn't apply to skepticism, which makes no claims. Your statement is therefore correct but absolutely meaningless.

system of faith

As implied above, there is no system or faith involved.

I'd say that's religious.

Incorrectly so then.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
That's more 'private belief' than dogma. Extreme skepticism isn't a form of faith, it's a form of doubt. To say "I don't believe in a god" does not mean "God does not exist".

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI[/m]

This thread has been derailed quite a bit.

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Speaking of vaccines, I received the small pox vaccine recently. Now there is a giant pustule of grossness on my shoulder. It should be gone within a few weeks.....or so I've been told.