Red Orchestra 3.2 Change Log

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Red Orchestra has posted the changelog for their upcoming 3.2 release. Major changes include:

Red Orchestra now has full bot support for infantry maps and functional bot support for all other maps. Bots will fight, use iron sights,
capture objectives, follow orders, attack/defend specific objectives, and more.
Added the MG42 fully modeled with a true 1200 round per minute rate of fire.
Added the IS2,Iosef Stalin 2, heavy tank. This tank features heavy armor and a large 122mm cannon that is
more than a match for any tank it will encounter.
Added a new motion blur effect when explosions happen near you. This new "shell-shock" effect greatly enhances
the immersion of the game.
New and vastly improved prone movement system. Greatly improves movement while prone while fixing many of the
bugs with the prone system.
Improved Voice Over IP support.
New grenade damage model based on exposure. The less a player's body is exposed to an explosion, the less damage
they will take.
Vastly improved vehicle hit detection. Hit detection for vehicles now uses an ultra precise per-poly
method to detect if a shot collided or not. This new system should also greatly reduce the load
on the server's CPU as well.
Improved internal damage modelling for vehicles including separate damage for the engine and ammo store areas that
will do devastating damage to the tank when hit.
Improved intra-vehicle communication with a new vehicle voice menu and vehicle test chat system.
Added advanced friendly fire settings. Separate settings are now available to let server admins set different values
for artillery, grenade, and standard damage types.
Many optimization to decrease server side CPU load.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Tx.......

Haarg said:
Red Orchestra now has full bot support for infantry maps and functional bot support for all other maps. Bots will fight, use iron sights, capture objectives, follow orders, attack/defend specific objectives, and more.
Thanks. It's about time. In my opinion this mod (and a lot of others) are not going to progress beyond a limited user base unless they start supporting offline play. (That would appear to be extremely relevent to anyone planning to go commercial).

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
You can say that again ... finally there's bot-support.
Of course it would be nice if it was like BiA, but I suppose we can't have everything at once ;)

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
wow they are including alot of nice stuff in there next release. I wonder if there able to do all that because of the fact that they have access to the ut2kx engine....

Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive - President
Aug 9, 2004
www.tripwireinteractive.com
JaFO said:
You can say that again ... finally there's bot-support.
Of course it would be nice if it was like BiA, but I suppose we can't have everything at once ;)

Ya, it would be nice if BIA had bullet ballistics, prone, sprint, 3d scopes, player controlled historically accurate artillery, weapons that worked like thier real life counterparts, simulation level vehicle combat with highly interactive high poly 3d interiors, High res high poly 3d and texture artwork like you can do on the PC. But I guess we can't have everything can we :)