Ultimate Community Map Pack Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Oh yea, and Anti-TCC has gutted the Unreal Commnity

I don't quite understand... How can an anti-cheat mod (which I'm sure has the best intentions despite cheaters hating it) do anything except get rid of idiots, let alone "gut a community"?

Sorry for the off-topic rant, the UCMP is great, but it just pisses me off (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) when people completely talk down someone's work. Wormbo is a great coder, and I've never had a problem with Anti-TCC (perhaps that's because I don't cheat). Even if it does have problems, there's no warrant for bashing it like Anti-TCC seems to have been. Just don't use it yourself (and I'm sure if an admin doesn't want it's benefits on their server, they won't use it).

Anyway, I'm sure if those who were saying those type of things were face-to-face with the person who made it, they wouldn't speak up quite so much (unless they're totally retarded). It's just a case of growing up and leaving the computer a bit, I guess :)

L0cky

UT Envious
Jan 21, 2004
www.utenvy.com
TheSpoonDog said:
I don't quite understand... How can an anti-cheat mod (which I'm sure has the best intentions despite cheaters hating it) do anything except get rid of idiots, let alone "gut a community"?

The clue is in the 'get rid of idiots' part. I guess some idiots don't take too kindly ;)

Back OT, I'm diggin The Pits remake, I loved that map in Quake 2. Gotta try the other maps now!

Gr1nreaper

Mar 28, 2005
Looks nice, now to get some bandwidth...

That Aithanarid pic... I hate to nitpick (well, actually I don't--I LOVE to!) but one glaringly obvious problem is: some of those brick textures arn't scaled/aligned properly. I realize this is quite an elaborate map, and aligning/scaling textures can become tedious, but well, it sorta jumped out at me... :D

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
hal said:
So you're saying that the entire Unreal Community will fall away because of a messageboard?? :con: First of all, there are lots of those (including this one).

Yup a truer word was never spoken. All the real Unreal community is here anyways and may the rest migrate here when the new dawn comes ;)

As for this map pack and my humble opinion. Being an ONS and CTF player mostly I'd say that ONS-ABC is wonderful and a blast to play. Onslaught for Dummies? I nearly feel off my chair when I saw it. A real map for noobs and I never saw so many pancakes either :lol:

Of the CTF Aquatica's my pick - with good CTF levels you should be able to jump in and know where to go, grab the flag and leg it. This map is perfect that way.

I won't comment too much on the DM maps other than to say if the music's original (by any of the UCMP team, it's awesome) I've rarely heard better. Of that bunch, props to Xanadu which I reckon is best. I won't mention the map that made me think I was playing Rankin ;)

All in all a very worthwhile download, not as good as CBP imho but looking forward to more in the future. Thanks all! :2thumb:

T

Tournament0

Juggalo Kyle said:
we accually predicted it to be bigger. i was quite surprized when the zip was done, and wasnt even 200 mbs. :lol:

What was your prediction?
:eek:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
great remake!

remake of Q2DM5; a surprise addition to the UCMP pack and I like the moving parts, gear and intricate machinery (if you’re careful, you shouldn’t fall); definitely very true to the Q2 original; I like all the pipes, water stuff, lower areas, screaming and other sounds and music choice but the skybox is too bright (good thing we don’t see it that often); it’s fun and the bots are decent.

http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/DeathMatch/MapsU/&file=dm-ucmp-thepits.zip

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3022

(Whole UCMP pack) http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2960