Mass Effect 3 "exclusives" are starting to pop up.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
52x91c.jpg

The screen percentage command is my favorite friend.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Finally got to reinstall the OS and install ME3. The animations are... quite awkward. Yet the most awkward part is russian localization (the only version officially available here is localized - russian text with english VO). And oh what a nice localization EA made. You need some serious talent and imagination to translate "Press [V] to show objective" as "Press [V] to point at the target"

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
LOL... I really think the animations are worse than in ME2. *consoles*

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Don't anyone fret over not having the Prothean rifle either. It weighs a lot in your inventory and is the weakest assault rifle. The only thing that makes it good is that it doesn't run out of ammo, just overheats. But who the hell cares about a feature like that when the game is absolutely littered with ammo pickups.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The reason the user reviews are so low is the ending.

The reviews are so low because gamers, as a collective group, are childish morons who feel better about themselves if they give something a 1 out of 10 because of what they perceive as a slight.

User Reviews have always been useless. Ask a buddy whose opinion you trust if you need validation from another person. Short of that, rent.

On topic, I got a free copy through work so I feel better not shelling out the caps for ME3. Don't think I'm too far, but my brother beat it in two days. I'm in it and so far I enjoy it. The game starts off better than 2 at least. I'm praying it doesn't end on a cop out but I didn't quite like the Deus Ex Machina they introduced after the prologue, but whaddayagonnado? If Star Wars and Stephen King can't do it without one then I can't expect more from a video game.

Me and Adolf Shepherd dealt with the female Krogan quest and now I've got Eve and Wrex onboard. Gonna do some missions on the Krogan homeworld next.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If you thought the doing side missions in ME1 made no sense, prepare to be flabbergasted.

I really have mixed feelings about this game. So many things are unfortunately screwed up and yet many others are far improved from ME2. Planet scanning is still there, you just hunt for parts instead of resources (from mundane to slightly less mundane). Dialogue is all but non-existant, most encounters are long cutscenes with 1-2 choices in relatively innocuous parts of the conversation. Renegade/paragon events in the middle of conversations are there sometimes but they almost never change the outcome of the dialogue in any meaningful way.

I could go into a lot of other things here, but I feel basically the same about this game so far as I did about Mass Effect 2: squandered potential left and right, an awesome game that spends a lot of time getting in its own way and trying too hard to be better than the game before it. At least the plot is moving instead of stagnating.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The reviews are so low because gamers, as a collective group, are childish morons who feel better about themselves if they give something a 1 out of 10 because of what they perceive as a slight.

I do believe you may be right about the populace being a vocal, childish minority causing a shitstorm. I have some mixed feelings about some particular parts, but I do feel the game has a lot of vastly improved elements. And yes, as Brizz said before me, the dialogue doesn't seem to mean a whole lot anymore in the grand scheme of the game. I feel that too often, games give clear outcomes to dialogue choices. Witcher 2 had ambiguous outcomes, which made it a lot more interesting in terms of dialogue choices.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
so can anyone just say whether or not they think this is worth playing?

as most of you know I loved ME 1 and 2, pretty much equally, but for different reasons.
but now there's so much heresy and flak surrounding the third installment that I honestly have yet to decide if I want to play it or not.
even just to see where the story goes.

I can't figure out who to trust this time :lol: the rhetoric is so hyperbolic on all sides it seems people either love or hate ME3. and so much of it is based on expectations and pure fanboyism that I'm finding it difficult to get any kind of fair snapshot.

can someone provide a simple, fair-shake review?