EAS-INF-ReactorSector46 printable map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Having played this map a bit online, it seems that few people who play it are aware that there's a printable map of the, er, map -- including full details of the objectives and diagrams of the reactor (should hopefully make things a bit clearer for those who get lost, including myself).

So, if you'll forgive the repetition, here is another copy of the map (now in PDF format -- the word doc version had a few problems with printing on some printers).

Any problems, let me know...

Attachments

• RS46_overview.pdf
    175.1 KB · Views: 85

Da_Blade

Da sharpest man around!
Jan 29, 2002
The Netherlands
www.dablade.nl
Wow, great FatM!

And might i just say i absolutely LOVE the map! I think this is a good example of EAS; it's a big-ass map but it keep flowing; multpile objective make for a different fight throughout your whole game.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Da_Blade said:
Wow, great FatM!

And might i just say i absolutely LOVE the map! I think this is a good example of EAS; it's a big-ass map but it keep flowing; multpile objective make for a different fight throughout your whole game.

Aw, thanks :)

I look forward to playing the level with lots of people who know their way around (interesting to see what strategies develop) -- hasn't really happened yet, but it's still been fun to play.

Da_Blade

Da sharpest man around!
Jan 29, 2002
The Netherlands
www.dablade.nl
Well, the regulars on Inforcers slowly get to know the map now, and it shows in much more interesting gameplay. I find myself fighting over a different piece of hallway, or huge hall, every life. I already found out that if you die on this map; don't go back to the same place. Wasting lives is the last thing you want on this map; you need every life for each objective :D

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Da_Blade said:
Well, the regulars on Inforcers slowly get to know the map now, and it shows in much more interesting gameplay. I find myself fighting over a different piece of hallway, or huge hall, every life. I already found out that if you die on this map; don't go back to the same place. Wasting lives is the last thing you want on this map; you need every life for each objective :D

Yeah... only proper chokepoints are really at the objectives themselves. Gawd bless Spooge and his multiple routes :)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Damn Fat, I forgot to include the information that there is a map of the map in the file in my review on combatmaps. Ill correct that ASAP. sorry :(

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Doc_EDo said:
Got any tutorials-advices on how to make good textures?

Either (1) be artistic, or (2) buy a digital camera (I went with 2). UnrealWiki probably covers most of the technical aspects (e.g. save as PCX indexed). I think that's at unrealwiki.beyondunreal.com.

For my textures based on photos, after resizing to 256x256, 256x128 or whatever, I up the contrast a bit, occasionally tweak the brightness, and apply an enhance filter (using a value of approx 30 in The Gimp). I may or may not mip-map the texture depending on its usage (i.e. for shop fronts not seen from a distance I may not use mip-mapping, to get effectively higher resolution). I use a clone tool to clean up textures (to remove lamp posts from shop fronts, etc). Oh yeah, perspective tool in corrective mode is essential to turn photos into textures (you need a photoshop clone to do this sort of thing normally - try The Gimp). Otherwise there's just a lot of trial and error.

For other kinds of textures, there are photoshop tutorials on the web which cover things like creating lifelike metal textures, and so on (try googling).

If you want more specifics, feel free to PM me (or maybe start another thread in the Development forum)...

Edit: Also worth noting that the textures used in the ReactorSector46 map are (I believe) Spooge's! I'll shut up now...

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Fat Marrow said:
Aw, thanks :)

I look forward to playing the level with lots of people who know their way around (interesting to see what strategies develop) -- hasn't really happened yet, but it's still been fun to play.
Yes, now people for the most part run around like headless chicken. A bit late, I know, but adding some simple signs with directions would be very useful.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
no the map is perfect as it is.

the last objective is very hard to find though.

but its annoying when you open the mover tunnel doors and each time da blade comes and close it :D