UnrealSP.Org 10th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
EDIT:

With one day delay the results are out: And the winner is TURBOMAAANNN!!!

You can find a list of the downloads and links to the threads here.

Originally it was planned to simultaneously release a compilation. But some maps are not completely balanced or finished. So we still have to wait a little.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It seems, this wasn't posted before, so I do it right now.

The contest will commence on April 21st, 2011 and end on June 2nd, 2011. The winner will be announced at June 21st, the 10th birthday of UnrealSP.Org.

You can view the rules and general information in this thread. Main rule: Entries are limited to using stock Unreal packages. They may not utilize custom textures, music, models or UT content. This also applies to any MyLevel content. Music from Return to Na Pali is an exception and may be used.

You can sign up as entrant or volunteer for a judging position here.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I would maybe apply for the contest this time, if I wasn't banned.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I've been thinking about it and I will participate, if I am allowed. But if I would win by some miracle(and I find it unlikely to happen), I don't want the prize, unless the prize would be changed lol. But if I would win the prize I want it handed out to the second place guy.

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
Perhaps the best way is when you create a contest topic here at BU and someone at UnrealSP makes a Thread in the contests subforum - linking to yours at BU.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I have message for Legendslayer:

A reason why your mountains are black in skybox in Unreal is beacsue of the texture package difference, it is not masked by default, however I made a quick fix checking the surface masked, here it is for you:
ForestRunSP_224f.rar

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Another map fix, this time for ironknuckle's map:

speedmap2fix.rar

He should watch next time what he places, there was the unrealshare.old dummy class and three staticmeshes, with moon1 mesh, I replaced them with boulders instead and copied over all properties, so it looks like original.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
That ended up happening to me, too. I think a big part of it is that the 227 dummy classes completely invisible, and the only way to find them is by searching and then testing.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That ended up happening to me, too. I think a big part of it is that the 227 dummy classes completely invisible, and the only way to find them is by searching and then testing.

Yeah, many of the invisible dummy actors etc should be made as abstract so they cannot be placed imo.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No problem, I just couldn't see an entry like that not go into the contest just because it wasn't compatible.
Besides I love fixing stuff.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw in my opinion either Teridax's map or Turboman's one should win.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw as for the question about map ends, all of them have end teleporter somewhere, except for TIK's map and Shivaxi's map.
Editor's dave map didn't have end tp originally but he added it in the update.

Even my map has end tp, although legendslayer didn't seem to find it, it's a bit of a puzzle and not that obvious I guess.

Also, I found TIK asking if there was a titan in my map, yes but only in Unreal difficulty.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I just returned from my trip to doctor in Prague. And I am very very exhausted and probably shouldn't post this because it is not with clear mind at all so you are warned.
I wanted to say this:
Contragulations to winners, but...

Thank you for wasting my time and efforts. Seventh place? Really? I thought it would be at least fifth.

I had much more gameplay than any other maps in there. This proves UnrealSP has no idea about level design and will never really have. I am still banned, slander is being put on me, I had to almost suck soemone's cock to let me back and this is all I get. Fuck you. Fuck you. I stand behind my map, it has a good atmosphere, not really great interior build, but my map is far finished than most of other entries so far. You just don't have any idea what good map is made of.

Burn to hell Unreal community and down with sana's distatorship, I had enough by this point and I am mighty tired of this. I don't care. This contest was a mistake for me to enter, I thought you were more decent than that. I hosted the files as mirrors, fixed few maps so they could be compatible and this is all I get for my efforts and undying dedication. A big shame to you UnrealSP.

Big shame to how the contest turned out. You should have put more time in as it was last time, or at least multiple submissions days to know from the beginning, anyone more professional enough would do that but you are no professionals!

The unban thread was not even started by my request and personally I didn't care. But leave me banned, becasue I don't really want to be unbanned at all after seeing this, not that it would change anything at all! The thread alone and the biased replies of the mostlky staff persons tell enough of you. Bye. Not caring about USP since this day anymore at all.

It may seem harsh, but think about it. I've done you a great favor and you kicked me in the balls.

EDIT: I said what I wanted to say and this post was written under influence of GREAT EXHAUSTION, caused by my ilness. So whatever. You didn't at least trash my map and I am grateful for that, but everything else...bah

blame yourselves anyway

EDIT2: On the second thought, you got what you deserve and everyone can see it. I mean really, some of the maps didn't have exit at all or some of the maps consisted of single room and you want to tell me that my map that I worked hard on with my ilness going on and other problems, that my map which is like third largest for the contest, that my map got seventh place out of eight? SERIOUSLY NOW? SERIOUSLY? No you don't deserve my efforts and dedication not at all. I stand by this statement and everyone who's decent enough will come to senses and see the same.

EDIT3: I had several bad news come to me in last days, including a virus that damages my inner tracks probably, need to get it treated too, but it's not nice. And I come back all excited to look how it ended to find out my map has turned disaster in the contest despite me putting heroic effort to it and trying to finish it off somewhat in the end, not even sleeping much thanks to that. And again, I repeat this is all I got. THIS IS FUCKING ALL I GOT.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Hope who reads that will at least understand what pissed me off most, or at least share minutes of silence regarding this, agreeing with me. Because what happened is unfair, poor and biased. And I have every right to express my grief in the way I expressed it.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
I didn't agree with all of the scores that were given, but I think you're overreacting. The map scores didn't have anything to do with who made them, they had to do with the judges' tastes.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
At this point I don't care, atm I am thinking of suicide, I had just too much to happen in the past days. Besides I'm dying anyway, so what.

Last edited:

Integration

Sep 7, 2010
You cannot make the whole UnrealSP community responsible for the judging of 5 persons. And it would have been "only" 0.6 points to place 5 and 1.2 points to the podium. Perhaps Jet v4.3.5 and Shivaxi were biased. But this is also because you sometimes react like you did now.

And don't forget: Unreal is free time activity and should make fun. So many people blind out serious problems like your illness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.