UT2kX DM-Koden

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SaKa_

Mappper
Jan 29, 2008
www.ucmappack.org
Here's a new map I've made.

Layout is roughly based on StalwartXLclassic.

Koden1.JPG

Koden2.JPG

Koden3.JPG

Koden4.JPG

Credit goes to:

IR : Floor texture
Hazel H : Wall texture http://www.hazelwhorley.com/
KillBait : Original Stalwart 2003 layout.
Sjosz :lighting Feedback http://www.dregsld.com/Sjosz/index.html

http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6753&act=down
http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/mapraider/maps/ut2004/dm/DM-Koden.zip

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'd wish to see some levels like that In UT3. Not too busy, and looks awesomely unique.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Neat map. Layout seems okay, though the bots definitely prefer certain areas over others. Probably too many long lines of sight, however.

This map made me realize that adept bots give me more trouble than most online players. :)

djsilt

Jan 22, 2008
looks really nice and you really enhanced the flat gameplay of stalwart, that's perfect for Freon ^^ congrats !

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Very Nice. The ceiling could have needed more love though and the ceiling in that room in the first pic should have been cut out to add to the atmosphere.

All in all though its a very good map.

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2070292 said:
Hell yeah man,a nice UT2004,yepi,I thought that nobody makes UT2004 maps anymore.On the pics the map looks good,I think I download your map and test it.:tup:

I map ut2k4, but i can't make static meshes! so all my maps are with someone elses meshes\textures, and i mostly make terrain courses. it sucks. does anyone know how i can get a plugin for maya 8.5 ple to export to uned?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I map ut2k4, but i can't make static meshes! so all my maps are with someone elses meshes\textures, and i mostly make terrain courses. it sucks. does anyone know how i can get a plugin for maya 8.5 ple to export to uned?

Make your own damn thread?

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
The only gripe I have to make about this map is the loose StalwartXL base, it's so distracting! I ran out of the corridor that traditionally leads to the garage door mover and instinctively blasted the wall to get to the "secret" room :/

However, once away from the areas that were too overtly "Stalwart" it was fun fun fun. :D

The best thing I like about this map is the style, or rather the lack of it. There is no style for the sake of style, which seems to be an increasing problem in the mapping community.

I don't know what this map originally set out to achieve (I'm not anal enough to jabber like an art student anyway) but I'm going to find more maps by this author ;)

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
I'm just grateful that someone made a quality map for UT2K4 ... I still love to play that game and it is so nice when there is new content for it. I can't see this game ever getting old. Even today the graphics imo hold up very nicely compared to many other games. Of course it doesn't use advanced lighting and shading techniques but it still looks and plays great. I just wish Epic would release one last update for UT2k4 to really take advantage of dual cores and SLI better. There are still the larger ONS maps that could really benefit from this. Of course I am talking about levels like ONS-Mothership and ONS-NMP2-Panalesh.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL