Modeling an axe or sword.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

J_L

Dec 14, 2005
Hi, i'm looking to create an axe or sword but havent a clue how to get them into UT2004 and have them as a working weapon. I'm looking to use the weapons with my own modeled characters, would i need to animate the attacking action of the weapons and use code to inflict damage on opponents? please can you help.

Regards,

J_L

UNFE|Jason

UNF :E Project leader
Nov 13, 2005
www.unrealfortressevo.com
J_L said:
Hi, i'm looking to create an axe or sword but havent a clue how to get them into UT2004 and have them as a working weapon. I'm looking to use the weapons with my own modeled characters, would i need to animate the attacking action of the weapons and use code to inflict damage on opponents? please can you help.

Regards,

J_L

Only a coder and animator for this, coder would need to code up the weapon to do damage, scale and where the hand will hold the knife, the animator will need to do the player animations to do a stabbing motion etc, and UT2004 can be a real B*****D when it comes to this kind of thing, if you going to use the UT2004 player animation packages.