Hmmm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2004
Anyone know how to get rid of this? i can get good fps and 150+ ping but my shots don't hit the players and leaves me shooting forever wasting too many shots...i can get pwned by new people to the game because of this :mad: and no i don't miss that badly.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
Ping is a real bitch; I personally have almost no ping problems whatsoever; my packetloss is usually 0 at all times, ping is relatively average, if not a bit better than average. Most of the time, my shots are delayed somewhere around... a fourth or fifth of a second...maybe half a second at the worst; depends...sometimes even almost instantly if lucky, which is usually rare for me. My ISP is Roadrunner, by the way; try unchecking that "Dynamic" connection thing somewhere in the options.

Sometimes I go Ranger if I get good FPS and ping; hard for me to have good precision with bad connection and performance conditions, so typically, I am a Tech by default; if conditions are beyond pitiful, I go Gunner and rely on splash damage to compensate for impaired accuracy and hindered agility.

I know very little about connections, network related stuff, ping, servers, and all that stuff; hopefully someone here who knows better can help you out.

The good thing about this game is that there are numerous ways to lead your team into victory; if you are a frag whore sniper, ping will probably screw you over pretty bad, but you can also go defense as a gunner or tech, midfield and hack as a tech, things like that which should be easier to do and less performance/ping reliant; variety, to be blunt. Anyways, good luck.

~Stone

Mar 6, 2004
Thx, mine was checked so i unchecked the dynamic box... i'm trying to be a frag whore because where i play at if i'm not goofing off. Ping sux but ohwell, you deal with what you got.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
BITE_ME said:
One word.

Gas... :D
Lol. But seriously, I have an average ping in-game of about 200. But I don't seem to experience a delay when shooting; it's packetloss which is most important, because if you shoot in the game your computer actually works with the server to find out if you hit someone, rather than the server just saying "nope you missed" all the time. Rather than setting your connection speed in the game's settings all the way down, try half your actual speed, then a quarter. But not your actual speed!

damn

Jan 27, 2004
Just lead 0.15 seconds in the future. Prediction is where it's at.

Mar 6, 2004
Thx i'll try it...i been playing for fun too much rather then just play, now when in combat i can't even dodge away anymore :mad:

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
Definitely; you'll find that you'll have to predict a lot too, keep that in mind, especially as a sniper; this is a big reason why I play Tech the most too; shotgun spreads bullets so your chances are greater at hitting your target, with the expense of less damage than a sniper rifle or a point-blank shotgun char. So always keep prediction in mind when doing precise shots.

Mar 6, 2004
Well i'm Ranger for 2 reasons...speed and long range but also i like a challenge and Rangers are the hardest class to play IMO because unlike gunner or tech...u only get 1 shot and a tiny shot to get right (which makes it make you on your toes more and can't slack off if you wanna be good with it) and not multiple or splash damage which kinda take the skill lvl down since you're getting help. Not bashing other classes though because i play all 3 at times but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Now this is really making me mad...maybe i need to upgrade my graphics card from fx5600 to what alot of you guys use? i was in myu and it's too choppy and 20 ppl and alot of players especially transhumanist picks ppl off easy with that many players, i had who knows how many damn strait on hits :mad:(then again i been getting 200+ ping in there alot) this game is a ***** sometimes :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.