UE1 - UT fly/ghost mode though vulnerable?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EgoMan

Aug 10, 2009
Hi there,
I was whondering if there is a way to "be vulnerable" when in the fly or ghost mode. As in the normal case you are invincible when you are using the fly or ghost cheat.
Every help appreciated, thanks.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The "fly" cheat doesn't make you invulnerable, that's something only "god" does. "Ghost" turns off your collision entirely, so neither traces nor projectiles can detect you and thus can't damage you. This also goes for VisibleCollidingActors, since turning off collision removes you from the collision hash VCA uses to find actors.

EgoMan

Aug 10, 2009
Cheers for the answer mate.
Though how come u still can't shoot someone when they "fly"? I tried it on a lan server with the sniper arena mutator on. The other guy on the server was flying and I couldn't shoot him.

EgoMan

Aug 10, 2009
is there no way of changing ut then to get my desired outcome? (flying without being invulnerable)

War_Master

May 27, 2005
how would you use a custom playerpawn in a server when they don't run it?

there is a much easier solution when you play on a lan and someone is cheating like that. The solution is so basic and natural, all you have to do is go punch him in the face and break his nose so he stops pulling crap like that on you.:eek: