PTSD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
wat

We're here because we were all fans of Unreal games. So deep mang. There must be some kind of huge underlying secret.

No marks for me, I've never experienced anything traumatic. (I didn't even do the test) :lol:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
gun_control_works2.jpg

19412-Predator_MacShootingMinigun.gif

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah, an online questionaire of just 22 questions with black and white yes or no answers is surely accurate.

No, but it is interesting.

Or would be, if BuF didn't respond with the intellectual equivalent of "your mom has ptsd."

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Or would be, if BuF didn't respond with the intellectual equivalent of "your mom has ptsd."
Welcome to BUF.

I would have to agree that a profile based on 22 questions is probably not going to sufficiently assess a PTSD case:

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association provides a common language and standard criteria for the classification of mental disorders. It is used in the United States and in varying degrees around the world, by clinicians, researchers, psychiatric drug regulation agencies, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and policy makers. The current version is the DSM-IV-TR (fourth edition, text revision). It is organized into a five-part 'axis' system, with the first axis incorporating 'clinical disorders' and the second covering personality disorders and intellectual disabilities. The remaining axes cover related medical, psychosocial and environmental factors, as well as assessments of functioning for children.

The manual evolved from systems for collecting census and psychiatric hospital statistics, and from a manual developed by the United States Army, and was substantially revised in 1980. There have been five revisions since it was first published in 1952, gradually including more mental disorders, although some have been removed and are no longer considered to be mental disorders. The last major revision was the fourth edition ("DSM-IV"), published in 1994, although a "text revision" was produced in 2000. The fifth edition ("DSM-5") is currently in consultation, planning and preparation, due for publication in May 2013. The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, produced by the World Health Organization (WHO), is another commonly used manual which includes criteria for mental disorders. This is in fact the official diagnostic system for mental disorders in the US, but is used more widely in Europe and other parts of the world. The coding system used in the DSM-IV is designed to correspond with the codes used in the ICD, although not all codes may match at all times because the two publications are not revised synchronously.

The DSM has attracted praise for standardizing psychiatric diagnostic categories and criteria. It has also attracted controversy and criticism. Some critics argue that the DSM represents an unscientific system that enshrines the opinions of a few powerful psychiatrists. There are ongoing issues concerning the validity and reliability of the diagnostic categories; the reliance on superficial symptoms; the use of artificial dividing lines between categories and from 'normality'; possible cultural bias; medicalization of human distress and financial conflicts of interest, including with the practice of psychiatrists and with the pharmaceutical industry; political controversies about the inclusion or exclusion of diagnoses from the manual, in general or in regard to specific issues; and the experience of those who are most directly affected by the manual by being diagnosed, including the consumer/survivor movement. The publication of the DSM, with tightly guarded copyrights, now makes APA over $5 million a year, historically adding up to over $100 million.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
I love the first question. Why is it there? If your answer is negative, you can pretty much put no on all remaining. Heck, you can even not bother with the whole thing at all.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Survivors of legitimate child abuse often suffer the same symptoms of PTSD. Unfortunately, there's even less help out there for them than our vets.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Poor vets. It must be hard to deal with so many sick kittens and puppies. That would give me PTSD too.