Suggestion for body behaviour in fighting situation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
<u>Suggestion for body behavior in fighting situation:</u>

</p>
<ol>
<li>

When you fire a weapon, your shoulder absorbs the force of the recoil, right ?
But while you are running and turning. Would you be unbalanced in RL ? If yes, INF need it.&nbsp;</li>
<li>

When you run at full speed and you hit a small obstacle with your legs/feet, you must falling on the ground (prone). It will certainly refrain people to run while aiming with a scope :D&nbsp;</li>
<li>

You should not have to jump to go up stairs. Because I never saw a sane guy jumping to do that ! If the obstacle is below your knee, you do not have to jump to get over it.&nbsp;</li>
<li>

When you jump on someone he must fall on the ground.&nbsp;</li>
<li>

Often discussed. But a sneak key would be useful.</li>
</ol>

<b>Vote for this thread ! ;)</b>

Last edited:

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Hey DB you can allready kill people by jumping on them... It happened to me yesterday. I jumped down from a container (i forgot which map) and i heard that umpf sound followed by a sort yelp. So i stopped to look what it was and when i turned around i saw a guy lying dead at my aproximate landing place :)

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
DarkBls, let me get this right, you're running for president, right?!? :) :)

Moving and firing must be a LOT more inaccurate, i haven't fired a real weapon on the move, but i do it at times with my airsoft FA MAS, and you really CAN'T! aim when running like a maniac, you can walk and aim somewhat accurate, but that's without recoil....

But running and gunning, it can be done, but forget hitting ****, it might suppress someone, but a hit.....no way....spray and pray....

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
DarkBls, let me get this right, you're running for president, right?!?
LOL !
I encourage thread rating, because new popular suggestions will be identifiable, more easily ;)

I never shot while moving too... And I cannot, because all my firearms have not enough recoil to feel any trouble.
I think it just a logic though. (Maybe I'm wrong)

Last edited:

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
You actually don't need recoil to see the adverse affects of moving when firing. Almost anyone can get their hands on either an air gun or maybe airsoft gun, then shoot some at about 10 metres and see how well you aim, then try to walk towards the target and shoot at the same distance, then try running! Then try strafing and firing at the same distance.

You'll notice that when immobile, you can hit almost bullseye every time, if you aim good, when walking, you might miss by a few inches with pistols, even more with rifles, because they are harder to hold stable when moving. Running and strafing fast will probably cause you to miss by yards with rifles, you might hit with pistols.

Then try with a friends aid to take the time it takes for you to, from standing position, with the weapon by your side, to take aim and shoot, and actually hit too. A pistol is fast as hell, a rifle might take a second or more to get correct aim.

Then, try to recreate the stunts you pull off in Infiltration, run like a maniac and shoot fully auto and hit at 50 metres, then see how well that works in a realistic setting.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i think something is off with the scopes, they always seemed lined up, i've noticed from my experience that scopes need to be lined up a bit like anything else.

here's and idea, when you have a scope howbout you just turn at the waist when looking through it. if you've ever played hidden and dangerous you should now what i'm talking about. that would be more realistic, it'd be hard to even turn all the way around without peaking down.

but if you do that they shuld add a peak butten that just lowers the rifle a bit, and lets you look over the scope. irl you wouldn't lower the rifle all the way to the hip, youd just lift you head a bit, and look around the scope.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
DarkBLS, i know, but the balance is directly transferred to accuracy, if you don't have correct stance, aim is difficult, and to absorb recoil.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Jumping on people

I think I have a problem with Inf because when I walk or jump on other persons, I die ! WTF ????