Another brief update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

killalot0

May 26, 2005
vehakals in DM ?! WTF vehakal deathmatch is there already its called ONS. vehakals in dm rules out any on foot movent so plzzz dont... i get not all maps will feature this but common they dont belong to DM :\

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
I hope they make it so you can tell how much damage you're taking. In UT2004 I can never tell unless my health starts flashing or my armor disappears.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
"The Necris, new to Unreal Tournament" - IGN is dumb!
"Speaking of vehicles, we're told that they will be included now in deathmatch" and that's absolute bs

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
_Lynx said:
"Speaking of vehicles, we're told that they will be included now in deathmatch" and that's absolute bs

BS as in stupid or BS as in untrue, because Steve Polge say vehicles would be in DM yesterday.

Einstijn

DutchDude
May 11, 2006
Th3 Netherlands
BeerGut Iris effect"? :con: said:
I'm guessing they mean the edges of the screen get blurry.

yeah the edges get al red and blurry of some kind
like this
iris-effect.gif

but what i am missing are the big words YOU KILLED BLABLA
are they just missing cause its a e3 demo ?
there must be something saying you killed it otherwise it sucks just like counterstrike :p

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
killalot0 said:
vehakals in DM ?! WTF vehakal deathmatch is there already its called ONS. vehakals in dm rules out any on foot movent so plzzz dont... i get not all maps will feature this but common they dont belong to DM :\

Here's something

Some people play sniper maps.
Some people like maps like these.
Some people like games like Pariah/Warpath.
Some people like halo.
Some people like CS:S.
Some people like vDM.

There will be server using them, maybe they will have servers that mix both that would be the worse that could happen.

Jofo

Apr 11, 2006
Vhicles in Dm sounds like an awesome idea! But it would only be really fun if its TDM.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
You realize putting vDM will make other gametypes suffer as in not getting enough maps, and not enough effort being put into them. They are only shipping with 40 maps...and so far we have ONS, Warfare, CTF, vCTF, 1v1, TDM/FFA, and vDM. That's 7 gametypes already for 40 maps....do the math

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
shadow_dragon said:
How do you know vDM and vCTF are seperate gametypes? Maybe there's just DM and CTF and some of the maps happen to have a vehicle or two in?
Yeah I know, they probably are the same gametype, but still, vDM and vCTF will be treated differently by the community, just like 1v1 and DM maps are treated differently, like iCTF and CTF are treated differently (they're so different that even Epic patched it so they are 2 different gametypes in the server browser). Maps with vehicles will have much open spaces. Who cares what the server browser or the game defines as a "gametype" or "gametype with a mutator".

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Bullet10k said:
Yeah I know, they probably are the same gametype, but still, vDM and vCTF will be treated differently by the community, just like 1v1 and DM maps are treated differently, like iCTF and CTF are treated differently (they're so different that even Epic patched it so they are 2 different gametypes in the server browser). Maps with vehicles will have much open spaces. Who cares what the server browser or the game defines as a "gametype" or "gametype with a mutator".

Because if you split teh players over two gameypes rather than one, then one gametype might get killed off or never do well as it doesn't recieve as much attention. If it were the same gametype it's not such a problem, especialy as servers might not want to host the unpopular gametypes and such.

I kinda felt 2004 had too many gametypes myself. I never touched on some of them other than in single player. Which is a shame considering the mapping that must've been involved in them.

Last edited:

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Whatever. I just hope the maps will have prefixes like "vDM" and "vCTF" just like in 2k4 we had "DM-1on1".