DirectX Flaw Leaves Windows Vulnerable

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
But no software maker can find every flaw before a product is released, Cherry said, and at least Microsoft is being upfront about potential problems.
“They’re getting much better about discussing these problems as they’re found,” he said. “We never would have gotten this kind of information three year ago.”
Wait, aren't these the same guys that refused to acknowledge the various XBox exploits even when that one hacker group released their proof-of-concept on how to install Linux on the box without even opening the machine? Yeah, real up-front.

Oh, by the way, you can apply a patch from Microsoft's website, if you agree to the EULA stating that Microsoft can do whatever they want to any electronic device in your home and that you henceforth forfeit your soul to Satan.

:edit: P.S. We'd better close the BuF Music Studio before someone tells us about their hot new thrash punk metal raggae rap song and links a MIDI that causes Skynet to take over all our boxes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
haha, all that affected software and I have DX 8.1 for Windopws 2000. Which isn't on the list. ahahahahaha. :D

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
DiZASTiX said:
(\/\/0RF: BTW, the picture in your av and the quote in your sig, do you have that video on your computer? Ive been looking for it everywhere!!!)
I have absolutely no idea where it can be found. I certainly didn't get it off Kazaa, and I'm sure no P2P programs carry it. ;)