Wheel of Time Texture Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Anyone know why I'm getting this error when I try to open my Wheel of Time textures?

Log: Opened viewport
Warning: Failed to load 'WOTDetail': Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'
Warning: Failed to load 'C:\Games\UnrealTournament\Textures\Wheel of Time UTX\forsakent.utx': Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
yes duh you have the error, perfectly logical

you are duplicating a package, but the those textures have detail textures offcours,e and those detailtextures, hence the error, are in another packge, wich you didnt copied, and now he cant find it anymore, and chrashed trpough that, with other wors, copy the detail utx with it, or extract all textures, and make new pack yourself in UT itself

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
i copied the entire contents of the WoT textures directory into a folder i created called:
UnrealTournament\Textures\wottext
UeD was able to access them fine. there's a detail package called wotdetail.utx on the cd. copy it like Hourences said.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
detail.utx contains detail textures, a second layer of textures put over the original texture for giving it an extra detail thing, you copied the file out of its place, and now it cant file his detail textures anymore so it wont work, pretty obisvioully not ?

if you are gonna release the map in public dont start copying the detail pack, confusing and stuff, just extract the textures and make a new pack, and give them UT's detail textures, no probs then