IBM vs. Mac

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ledfanatic

Feb 12, 2000
Visit site
I'm using the 2.25f server patch for Unreal, and for some reason I can connect to my friend's mac unreal server, but he cannot connect to mine, whether it be dedicated or not. The player joins, then they automatically leave... anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

LeadSpoon

Feb 11, 2000
Visit site
i have a slight suggestion... how bout yer freind gets a computer too... macs are not considered computers in my book... just wastes of plastic and metal.

LagMonster

-> MeStinkBAD
Jan 12, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
What version is your friend running? He should be running 224b7. If he isn't, that's probably the problem. If he is, then it could be any number of things. Can PC users running 2.25f connect to your server? It may be a problem with your setup.

Dustin

ledfanatic

Feb 12, 2000
Visit site
actually, that is the version that he is running... I found out that he can join a normal game, but not a game running the infiltration mod... but I can join his infiltration server... he just joins and gets punted... I've tried everything... any IBM user can join me, but my mac buddies get booted.

LagMonster

-> MeStinkBAD
Jan 12, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
Hmmm... how odd. I've never bothered with the infiltration mod, but I've used other mods with the mac version, and they work just fine.

Tell your friend to increase Unreal's memory Partition. Like to 110 megs. I've run into memory problems with Unreal before. In fact, they are rather common in net games (when Unreal is set to it's default partition size of 98 megs.) The alternative to increasing Unreal's memory partition is to decrease the detail levels (texture detail, resolution, sound, etc...). But, increasing the memory partition is probably a better solution.

If he doesn't know how to do this (not likely) tell him to do a Get Info (Command I) on the unreal application.

What error/message does your friend get? Knowing this would be very helpfull. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Dustin

Status
Not open for further replies.