UE1 - UT UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack [RECRUITMENT THREAD]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
projectlogo.jpg

Bonus Pack

NOTE: for a more in-depth look on the mod, go here: VIEW

Currently, me and Delacroix are the only ones working on UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack. We are getting at the point in development, that, we cannot do this mod alone. That is why I set up this recruitment thread.

If you want information on the mod, read the note at the top of the post, and it'll provide you a link to the main thread. I don't feel like copy/pasting the info and synchronizing it on every update, that also including using bits and pieces, why bother? All info will be posted on the main thread ;)

Anyway, we need to fill in 4 slots/positions with hard-working people. The slots/positions that are available are listed below:

Coders
Mappers
Modellers
Musicians (Module)
Testers
Texture Artists

If you feel like you want to contribute to the mod, you can post in this thread. The other thread is for everything except recruitment, this thread does it's purpose. ;D

Please PM me or Delacroix (or both :p ) if you are interested. All applicants will be treated fair and square, and, we will *NEVER* dare to ingore any applicants. If you prefer email, our emails are delacroix02@tlen.pl and roninmastafx@gmail.com.

Thanks everyone! :)

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Modellers are required to remake Damien and Dominator from PS2 UT. AdvancedModelSupport could be of use for you guys since there already IS a PS2 converted model in existence, that being the War Machine.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It would be better if even the regular characters who had updated looks and models would appear, but that's not needed I guess.

I can join the project actually, but I got many on my head and it would be better if you got someone else. But I've got experience with merging maps in (which is what you seem to want) or map making etc.
I have even coding experiences and I would say I am a good tester as well.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Excellent, you're on then... if you wish so. Report to RoninMastaFX to get started and mention the VRND flyby. He'll be happy to have this off his head. Plus, if you have the Unreal S3TC levels somewhere, you might work with them also. I can PM you the details.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't have nearly as much here as I had on my old harddrive. However, I don't have even the beta of this bonuspack here, I suppose it can be pmed to me, right?

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Modelling / Skinning

Are you genuinely on board? If so, I'd like to task you with the following modelling and skinning tasks:

- U95 dragon / gargoyle
- U95 girl
- U95 brute "big man"
- PS2 Damien
- PS2 Dominator

The dragon should be the height of a Skaarj, have green and red skins and look exactly as in the screenshots.
The girl should be the height of a default Female1 class, but also own model and skin exactly as in screenshots.
The brute - I require the skin only that would work with the default brute model.
Damien and Dominator are bosses from the PS2 UT. You should make them using the AdvancedModelSupport features and exactly as in PlayStation 2 build of UT.

Screenshots for the U95 content:

http://hyper.dnsalias.net/infobase/archive/unrealbeta/dragon4.gif
http://hyper.dnsalias.net/infobase/archive/unrealbeta/bigman2.gif
http://hyper.dnsalias.net/infobase/archive/unrealbeta/u24_6.jpg
http://www.gamespot.com/features/makeunreal/screens/unreal0.jpg
http://www.gamespot.com/features/makeunreal/screens/unreal2.jpg
http://www.gamespot.com/features/makeunreal/screens/unreal3.jpg

Now the U95 content is mainly for the purpose of somehow populating the Unreal95 flyby, but the girlie needs to be done as a playable class.

If indeed you wish to work with us on the bonus pack, here is what I'd like you to do :) Good luck, Mr. Modeller :)

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
I'm actually trying to practice dynamics right now so I'm more interested in doing weapons fx and things of that sort as opposed to modeling.

I also wonder if Epic Games wouldn't just give you these assets? I think it would be worth asking one of the site admins to email them on your behalf.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I plan to do the Liandri merge map myself, but I don't have the other map to merge it with with me now.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Liandri merge is DONE. So do not repeat the job that has already been done, please, Leo.

rmcollins3, please contact me or RMFX via MSN and you'll have the details provided.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Liandri merge is DONE. So do not repeat the job that has already been done, please, Leo.

rmcollins3, please contact me or RMFX via MSN and you'll have the details provided.

Ah well....I asked Ronin before for some links of the older version of this pack, or the current version, but he hasn't replied. I took it as the Liandri merge is not done. But I might take a look at it and finetune it. Btw did you replace by hand all the weapons and ammo? It had some Unreal stuff still that map and if you left it that way the ut mutator indeed does replace it, but it will conflict with custom mods and also the position will be messed up.

Ah I see, the thread was updated on January 30th, before it was updated the Liandri XL was not done yet...sigh
some lack of communication here, heh

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Leo... I'll provide you with all the necessary files by tomorrow.
rmcollins3, I will PM you details with everything I need done.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
I plan to do the Liandri merge map myself, but I don't have the other map to merge it with with me now.

Ah well....I asked Ronin before for some links of the older version of this pack, or the current version, but he hasn't replied. I took it as the Liandri merge is not done. But I might take a look at it and finetune it. Btw did you replace by hand all the weapons and ammo? It had some Unreal stuff still that map and if you left it that way the ut mutator indeed does replace it, but it will conflict with custom mods and also the position will be messed up.

Ah I see, the thread was updated on January 30th, before it was updated the Liandri XL was not done yet...sigh
some lack of communication here, heh

Sorry man... :( Things came up... :$ I promise this won't happen again ;$

Will do....as soon as I get MSN (only have AIM atm). And I have some family coming into town tomorrow, so it may be a few days before I can do anything.

Leo... I'll provide you with all the necessary files by tomorrow.
rmcollins3, I will PM you details with everything I need done.

Do I hear a call of someone doing VRND? :D I need someone who has an unpatched Unreal 200 install, and test VRND to recompile the scripts for newer Unreal's & UT ;D :(

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Are all the weapons from the beta version of the UT map replaced by hand? Because it used some Unreal weapons as I said. This is really important to replace them by hand and not let the stock mutator do it.