Boycott the GnT!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
[DCSB]Mouse said:
and on step [2], the thought never occured to maybe help and instruct those less wise in the ways of XMP ?

maybe then they wont make the same mistakes over and over again =)

The Peoples Mouse

I do all the time......If I can see that they need help.

But it is hard to help a person, when they dont read the in game messages.. :(

flack ho said:
turrets are the reason the game gets laggy in the first place

Lets all use knives(mod), and get rid of all other weapons and trucks. Then we kick off all players with pings higher than 25.= No lagg

Or you can pay for the hardware upgrades($3000.00 to $4000.00) and connection speeds(great connection would cost $400.00 a month). So the game will not be laggy.... :rolleyes:

PS. You do know that the turrits are not controlled by a person with a mouse. But by a PC that is aiming at the other team. So they know were the other team is when the game gets laggy.

Mopap

Rsegetried Uesr
|g|Hercules said:
Point whores aren't a problem for the opposite team as much as they're a problem for the team they're on. Just don't think it's fair that the team is bustin their butts defending and getting energies and such while some asshat (like pet snake, lol) runs around with the winning arti trying to get points until he gets killed. Just my opinion.

:con:

What are you, an echo chamber?

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
ok i played MYU again
the FPS fell
the players started placin walls which then totlay raped my FPS
y do ppl always have to make the FPS worse by spamming turrets and walls all over the place
my graphics drivers eventually crashed :/ and i had to manual restart as my monitor went from on to powersaving back to on etc all the time black

Mar 6, 2004
myu sux (used to own that server as tech with shotgun when the elite players wern't there (sometiems atleast) untill i told everyone who i was :( ) and i get an average of 5-15 FPS there...i only hang out at nbk chicago (the dueling server) and the odd time de server and berserks server and rr server is basicly the only server i play for real on rather then messin around....now that rr is gone i'll just be messing around if i am on which i should change to only at night.

Last edited:

damn

Jan 27, 2004
Gas is fine, because people who use it are just dumb. It's enjoyable watching kazi fumble around with his gas, failing to inflict more than 10 damage. Turrets on the other hand, are pretty dumb. They kill FPS, ping, and have rediculous aim. Definately need an upper limit to the amount you can have per team/server/gen.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Last night I was on MyU. Why? Because the other servers were practically empty. If anyone can create a really good alternative to the MyU server, with strict rules and the same large playercount, that's great. Until then, stop complaining.
Also, why does everyone have fps issues? I have Geforce 3 Ti200 (64MB VRAM), Athlon 1800+ (1.54GHz) and 512MB of quite slow RAM. Last night, on MyU, was playing one of the slower CXP maps with about 18 players and far more turrets, and fps stayed above 10 at all times. Official map = about 40-45 fps at all times. Just turn down the settings, it's not like you end up with some gray shaded flat surfaces or anything! ;)

Spacelord (GER)

Apocalypse Dude
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
S.I.X said:
That's it fellows. I'm starting a Myu boycott. Nothing but Gas, Turrets and point whoring. Anyone who's had enough of the crappy ping and bull**** rotation, join me! Join me i say! Tired of cocknazis? Don't play on myu! It's that simple. It's god damned Cock Gestapo headquarters.

You can`t change the ppl`s behavior with changing the server. :rolleyes:

Point whores...unbalanced teams (unbalances by skill) suck way more than several ppl who only take care about their score. Some pros` seem to be afraid of challenging each other - and challenge newbies instead. White ppl against the colored crowd. This is making me angry :mad:

We need a mutator "shuffle teams by XP" as it exists in Wolfenstein E.T. :(

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
yeah i have noticed the strange fact that clans seem to stack to one side
ITS A PUB CAME NOT A CLAN MATCH
altho saying that i have seen me and the n00bs v a whole team of clanners and the n00bs winning LOL

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
flack ho said:
yeah but we end up with original UT surfaces and pixilated players
and that looks crap

It looks crap but it plays damn well! Even just taking your res down a notch does wonders, and of course things like anti-aliasing should be switched off for performance.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Boycott MYU and Wes will shut down the server and not think twice about it.

And yes, clans stacking one side of the server has always been happening, but it's having the worst effect on gameplay so far. I was watching and semi-playing on MYU last night and all you'd see is one team with a group of the same 4 or so people constantly moving as a unit and going after artis. The other people on both teams were left playing at random. Last time I checked I was playing in a pub and when a single group of guys does that over and over and over on each map it gets rather annoying. I only join a few games maybe once a week at most and the same things typically repeat. Good thing I have a PS2.

damn

Jan 27, 2004
I hate being on the same team as my clanmates...I like challenge. Whenever puppy is there I ask him to switch teams so I have to work to get artifacts, etc.

{DE}Rarhok

May 16, 2004
I mostly agree with crow 'cause the classes are basically balanced (even against gas) except for cheap turret farming (even though not necessarily a part of point whoring)... And even that varies - not all farms are fool proof, thank goodness! The trick is with a little team effort and sacrifice anything can be accomplished. So then you can also be thankful that sometimes clan members do stack, for this reason, since they can deliver the necessary blows.

You're just gonna have to bite the cock of unfairness, S.I.X!

Status
Not open for further replies.