UE1 - UT UT Package signature

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I'm trying to create a utility in Java to read the information contained in a package file.

However, the information on the link below doesn't seem to correspond. For example, the signature at the start should be "0x9E2A83C1" but it's not.

Am I doing things wrong or was the format changed after this was written ?

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Package_File_Format

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Open packages with a hex editor to see the real thing. Keep in mind that Java, unlike most other programming languages, uses big-endian byte order by default. The Unreal package file format is defined to use little-endian, though.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Keep in mind that Java, unlike most other programming languages, uses big-endian byte order by default.

Good remark. I'll see if it's possible to convert from little-endian to big-endian.