Wrong size lod mesh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
I've extracted a mesh from a decoration in a map, and wish to use it as a lod mesh in a mod. The problem is the lod mesh is exactly twice the size than it used to be. How can I correct this problem?

:)

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I'm sure we've discussed this problem before, but a re-hash never hurts.

For any mesh that isn't a weapon (which is everything else), mesh size is determined by the DrawScale property (type float, in class Actor [Object >> Actor], declared on line 206). More accurately, any class that uses the assignment "Mesh=" uses DrawScale.

It is basically a scale multiplier: 1.0 will yield the same size mesh that is imported, 2.0 for double size, 0.5 for half-size, etc.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
#exec mesh DRAWSCALE MESH=SF_Abrams X=0.5 Y=0.5 Z=0.05

Well, if that's what you mean, then it didn't do anything.

Now this:

#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=SF_Abrams X=0.75 Y=0.75 Z=1.5

is in there, but it doesn't change anything.

I'm working in the main uc file, AbramsBat.uc if you wondered where I was getting this stuff from.

Last edited:

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
Holy bejeezers. I finally looked in properties, and it said drawscale=2. lmao. I wonder how that got there? I suppose it was in the Hoverbat already. Thanks, changing it now.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
LOL, I had no idea what a declaration line was. I watched the movie National Treasure for 3 hours trying to find a clue!

(but I know now. Remember, I'm figuring this stuff out on the fly. Some tutorials along the way, but mostly trial and error.)