Weapon suggestions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I hope INF will have both, the freestyle gunnin and a created scenario. I mean they is no problem, just configure an armory for one team (for example french) and the other team too, give em thier national cammo and go on. Most military suits look the same, only sometimes the headgear differs.

The only thing that have to be made to support this are weapon arsenals. Like Jeremy posted his first renders in the later news. Having the whole G36 family (G36K, G36, LMG36, SpecOpG36K/reflex, ...) is somewhat of a dream for me.
Having the AKM, AKMS, AKS-74U, AK-74, AK-74S, SVD Dragunov, PKM, RPK arsenal would just kick ass. Hope it's what SS plans to do.

Last edited:

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
Psychomorph said:
I hope INF will have both, the freestyle gunnin and a created scenario. I mean they is no problem, just configure an armory for one team (for example french) and the other team too, give em thier national cammo and go on. Most military suits look the same, only sometimes the headgear differs.

The only thing that have to be made to support this are weapon arsenals. Like Jeremy posted his first renders in the later news. Having the whole G36 family (G36K, G36, LMG36, SpecOpG36K/reflex, ...) is somewhat of a dream for me.
Having the AKM, AKMS, AKS-74U, AK-74, AK-74S, SVD Dragunov, PKM, RPK arsenal would just kick ass. Hope it's what SS plans to do.
Yeah I'd definately prefer such a list of weapons that can actually may be prefered by some people over the weapons in the game instead of some revolvers and WWII weapons that nobody will use to actually win but more for "style" which is plain dumb as IRL you would NOT care about style unless you never plan to actually use your weapon.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yeah, free choice is good, but imagine for example the russians, you see the soldier with a total mixed up armory, all types of AK's the 7.62 and 5.45 and what you want, still a free choice is there.
The US too, M4, or M16, aimpoint, reflex, acog, grenade launcher, M249SAW with acog, or other sights, DMR, M24, M82 if needed, M14 if not to unrealistic. Stil a good choice.
It's not like with AA:O, AA:O is not close to the real army.

Sure the merc vs. merc should stay, for everyones tase, but the arsenal thingy is good for professional gamers and clan players. The game must be fun, but I always want to play tactic shooters serious enough and more professional.

The good thing about armories is, that mostly you use one basic as a weapon and change it moer or less. The G36 variations are the same weapon with different barrel and foregrip lenghts. The AK's are basicly the same. AKMS and AKM are exactly the same, just another buttstock.
Needed animations can be used mostly to many variation types, just some other are nedded beeing created.

For example the M4/M16's many nations use them, the canadian version needs just another magazine skin. Different nations use them, but with different attachments. For israel, canada, australa, usa and some more they is the same weapon, just the israelian reflex sights, canadian scope, by the us used acog and some other attachments need to be made.

Sure, still much work, but arsenals can be implemented later. Or you can release an AKM and an M16A4 and include the rest of the arsenal later.

Jeremy posted his screens with arsenals, hope it's the way SS want to go, cuz this would be unique in comaparison to other games.

Last edited:
Infiltration needs this, and you know I'm right.

zeliska_1.jpg

Wheelgun in .600 Nitro Express. :D

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Lidzsvars said:
Replace: Desert Eagle 357.mag with Desert Eagle 50.AE.

......... ........ ...er..... *cough* ..... ah.... nevermind....

Meplat said:
Sara- Ever shot the 1918? Good gun, but on FA, nasty. I'm guessing the one in the game is a 1918A2, and is a bit slow. 1918 is close to 900 RPM.
I have! Browning right? I think it was an A1. Cool, but, the tripod detaches you a little too much from the action; I'd rather fire something from the shoulder or on a bipod.

I second the motion to make the next Inf capable of both optional weapon choice (ie the current loadout system) and a forced loaded for certain missions (simulating military issue).

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Psychomorph said:
For example the M4/M16's many nations use them, the canadian version needs just another magazine skin. Different nations use them, but with different attachments. For israel, canada, australa, usa and some more they is the same weapon, just the israelian reflex sights, canadian scope, by the us used acog and some other attachments need to be made.

Ah, don't mean to sound bitchy here, but australia uses the Steyr AUG assault rifle family, we do use the M4a1, however its only te SASR, which isn't really classified as being part of the regular army. Thats why i REALLY wanted a Steyr AUG ingame, cus after all i am an aussie.

I'm all for having arsenals for the various countries its a great idea, you know, when you join a game you would choose a country, than configure a loadout with the weapons available to that country.

Thats sorta how i have my Bot Teams set out when i play offline, and i just limit myself to that type of weapon, but we need more machineguns and sniper rifles, a PKM would be good as would a SVD.

Lethal Dosage

Looks pretty good... fairly close to the real thing, most of the wrong bits are with the skin.

Wonder if them krauts intend to release it?

Pitty no bayonet, and i wonder if they know that you can't have the fore grip with the M203 launcher?

Would be good to play with, and i look forward to using it.

BTW, can anyone tell the general gist of what is being sed in the german forums? i can't understand it and cant find anything on the site to translate it.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
No I´m pretty sure it is IMT stuff. I just gave the source where I´ve got it.
Blitzschlag posted it, he's as known IMT member.

It got me relly high the AUG, looks awesome and all the attachmets... Man it gonna to replace my all guns.
Also check out the other pics in the thread I´ve posted (1st page I think). THe UMP45 with the acog scope, man the acog looks as near as real.
Man, I wish all guns in INF would have this quality, cuz I still prefer the classical ones (M16, SIG).

AS I know it is possible to have the rail and the M203, saw it plenty of times in the net.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Wow the translation works. But funny as always.

Dirtfinger:
Packe mir auch gern 'ne Uzi zur Acog-Rifle dazu, komt auf die Map an.

Babelfish:
Luggage me also gladly ' ne Uzi to the Acog Rifle in addition, komt on the map on.

:lol: :lol:

Husky:
da es das ding also nirgens zu kaufen gibt und deshalb nirgens benutzt werden kann hat es in inf nix zu suchen.

Babelfish:
there there the thing thus nirgens to buy is and therefore nirgens to be used already does not know has it into inf nix to search the same gild for oicw

:lol: :lol:

Blitzschlag:
ihr müsst noch warten bis alles gefixed wurde

Babelfish:
must you still wait up to everything gefixed became

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neabit:
Mav IWE macht noch einiges mehr als nur den D3D Bug zu beheben wobei ich auch nicht weis was die neue Version noch verändern wird.

Babelfish:
Mav IWE makes still some more than only the D3D nose to repair whereby I also does not point which the new version will still change.

Neabit:
Kann es nicht mit 100% Sicherheit sagen aber ich denke ja.

Babelfish:
It cannot say with 100% security however I thinks.

Maverick_[GER]
Da hat sich einiges getan seit der ersten Vorstellung des Steyr AUG's von Blitzi!
Das ist ein gutes Zeichen, wenn Serial die aktuellen Bilder posten darf, denn dann ist Blitzschlag mit dem INFKnarren-Modden so beschäftigt, dass er dafür keine Zeit mehr hat.

Babelfish:
There some has itself done since the first conception of the Steyr AUG's of Blitzi! That is a good indication, if Serial may do the current pictures posts, because then is thunderbolt with the INFKnarren Modden so busily that he has for it no more time.

Serial:
naja, will Dich da jetzt keiner Freud berauben, aber eigentlich liegt es da dran, dass der Serial den Skin gemacht hat

Babelfish:
naja, no Freud wants to rob you there now, but it actually is there because of that the Serial made the Skin

Maverick_[GER]:
Hehe, das kam bei Deinem Post für mich nicht ganz rüber, dass Du das geniale Skin gemacht hast. Um so besser, dann geht natürlich das ganze Lob für den optischen Quantensprung an Dich. Wann ist denn die Knarre fertig animiert und für den Releas vorgesehen?

Babelfish:
Hehe, came at your post office for me not completely more rueber that you made the ingenious Skin. The better, then naturally the whole praise for the optical quantum transition goes to you. When is the knarre animated finished and for the Releas intended?

Psychomorph:
Das sieht ja hammer aus. Reflex Sight, Scope, Silencer, Grenadelauncher, Flashlight, Bullpop. Was will man mehr.
Hammer, kanns kaum erwarten.
Ermm... wan denn?

Babelfish:
That looks hammer. Reflex Sight, Scope, Silencer, Grenadelauncher, Flashlight, Bullpop. Which one wants more. Hammer, kanns hardly expect. Ermm... wan?

Sorry for off topic, but lol.

Last edited:

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
more weapons for infiltration

:) YES YES GIMME GIMME:D
more weapons is always a good thing because there are not enough
bullpups in game right now we want steyr aug/l85a1/a2/qbz95/tavor2/
sar21 ris oh and a few more snipers and smgs and light+medium machine guns: so i can kick your asses:lol:

Lethal Dosage

I'm agreeing with EGM<NL>E, we need more bullpups, and definately the Steyr AUG, and more sniper rifles with something different and more machineguns cus the Minimi is feeling lonely. But i think (me thinking? thats new!), that we have enought sub-machineguns. Howerver, i could be wrong.