What's the best game under $20 you've ever bought?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
I have a bit of spare money and was just looking to buy something from the bargin bin(maybe a football game, I need a new football game) But what is the best(and maybe the worst) game(s) you've ever bought for under $20?

bargins I've found:
SiN: $15
Freespace 1: $15 (expansion included)
Motorhead: $5
Viper Racing: $20
Heavy Gear 2: $20 (w/ HG1, too bad my CD is all b0rked now)
F-15: $20
Laser Arena: $20
System Shock 2: $20
Codename Eagle: $5
Mortyr: $10
Total Annihilation: $10

and prolly a few more, but anyway, suggestions?

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Lizard Of Oz

Runs great on my 1.2ghz. Slicker than snot on a doorknob.

I think my GFX needs some serious tweaker or something then either that or it doens't like the 1024x768 resolution(running a GeForce2 Pro 64MB DDR OCed at core:230mhz memory:392mhz)
cuz it runs Serious Sam most of the time at 30fps(I think I may have had it in 800x600!) but not only does that run like poo, the Giants Mecc Demo runs like crap, UT has some MAJOR framerate drops and ALL of my games have problems w/ particles at anything higher than 800x600 (I'm pretty sure) cuz say I fire off a shock beam at, oh, 100fps the framerate will drop to about 20fps until that shock beam is gone or if I get in a rocket's smoke expect the same framerate drop even in games like SoF(blood particles) this happens I have no idea why!

anyone know? and keep your suggestions coming

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
fallout 1 & 2 both together in the same box for $10. :)

I would still pay $50 for each one today though, its well worth it.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Total Annihalition was suberb for under £20. MechWarrior 3 was pretty good for under £20 also. I'm sure I can think of others.

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
Originally posted by SU3000
Fallout 1 - got it for a converted cost of about $3.

LOL, the Fallout1&2 pack is out now for ~$12 which is about $8 less than I paid for Fallout 1 alone.

Other good buys:

Shogo+Septerra Core two pack ~$12
UT :D $20
Daikatana (It really is a decent game, despite all the trash talk about it.)
Ultimate Doom and Doom 2
Darkstone
Diablo 1
Seventh Guest
Half-Life Platinum pack (used)

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
I just wish I could find RTNP by itself instead of having to but Unreal again(serves no point)

and I've seen Fallout and Fallout2 bundled for $10 passed it up for I think Red Faction and Ghost Recon I think maybe listing all of the games I have would help, but DAMN I have way too many(we're talking a whole 80CD tower FULL+more without cases)

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
UT - I bought it at Staples for $19.99 in Feb2K. Too bad I lost the $10 coupon for it. :(
Deus Ex GOTY - Just got it last Thursday. The store's website listed it as $36.99 but when I went to ring it up at the cashier, it was listed at $16.99.
Needless to say, I didn't complain. :p

ViperXL

Great Car
Dec 9, 1999
St. Louis, MO, USA
ILG:

Check your settings... how are you rendering it? OpenGL? Direct3D?

And, do you know your Motherboard Chip set? I upgraded my chipset and AGP drivers and my FPS in D3D went up by about 30fps

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by Justin286
UT - I bought it at Staples for $19.99 in Feb2K. Too bad I lost the $10 coupon for it. :(
W00t, somebody shops the place where i work. I think my store still has one copy. I can buy it for $7.50 if i want it. I told some old guy (customer) who wanted a nice game for his little kids so i showed him Unreal Tournament. He bought it. I don't think he knew what he was buying, and i haven't seen him since, and it was never returned.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
System Shock 2 ($15) without a SHADOW of a doubt. Septerra Core ($10) was an excellent purchase too.