Omaha Beach!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I'm tired of finding NO good Omaha Beach levels except for AS-Omaha (which is on Nali City). I'm a big WW2 buff and i want a long, wide, beach. The beach has to be very realistic. If someone is willing to do this for me and the rest of the WW2 fans out there i can help them with ideas as i know a lot and i can help make the map very historicly accurate. I've always wanted this and so i've decided to request it. If there's a really good mapper who's interested please reply!

Thanx, Diablo.

Shin

Ethical Illusionz
Aug 29, 2001
Behind my desk
www.ioerror.co.uk
You want a ctf or dm map at omaha beach?? Hmz

With CTF from water to coast?? or from one side of the beach to the other side?

Anyways. Could be a pain in the ass map with the laggg
A wide open will laggg eventually so i think it aint that easy to make it good and fast :(

Anyways nice idea yah

Aggressor

mutator
Nov 3, 2001
Slovenia
Visit site
Hehe...

Wow, the Omaha beach revision idea is rumbling around in my head for quite a time... Tis' gonna be an Assault thing, I figure. Map plan is made-out, but I'm not sure, how the bots are gonna make it through all the artillery fire and some problems around the hammer jumps still exist. We'll see. I don't promise anything; even if I succed in building the map, it's gonna be in months...:(

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
you can make total ownage atmosfere with it, but the gameplay would be a bit too straight, like beach run, flag, run back, water step in ship go to other side, beach flag . , not much strategie, not hardcore enough

though a ctf map like as-overlord but bigger would be nice, with much more sounds and explosions

Aggressor

mutator
Nov 3, 2001
Slovenia
Visit site
Hey, Omaha beach was not all water and sand, but also ton of bunkers, forts, entrenchments and stuff...

I tried once to make a concept for a WW1 map or something, but then I was only just starting to learn UnrealED and it slipped out of my mind...

And yes, it would be great to implement some player-used machineguns in it...

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
id say you lot want to look at the infiltration mod
(it has player used machinegun embankment code)
and angelhearts excellent DM-TrenchedUT
(comes in a team deathmatch version too)

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
Originally posted by GMotha
Well, I always tought there wasen't enough attention for ww1...
It would be a great idea to create a ww1 map; trenches and stuff...

Maybe another great idea:)
there's a horrible map in our database called DM-WW1. has trenches and some subterranian bunkers, a crashed fighter plane and a zeppelin high above shooting down with autoguns.
plays even worse than it looks :rolleyes:

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
.50cal M2 Machine Gun

There was a nice palyer controlled machine gun in AS-X-Mas-Now. No ammo control or counter but would auto reload after a time. If you do use it, check the readme for credits and notify the author (err... ask permission)
I currently have AS-Omaha on my review que, the lighting is very bad (washed out zone lighting). I would suggest making your map at either dawn or dusk (like you can tell the diff only by where the sun is setting/rising) That way you can attach some lighting effects to your explosions (artillery and landmines), adding some craters would also be nice by having movers fill em till they pop! I hate it when I walk over the same landmine twice ;) And if it's gonna frag me, atleast give me some cover next time to balance risk/benifit.
/rant