Most Ignorant UT review ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
WORST UT REVIEW EVER

Just so you can get an idea, here's a small qoute from the review.

"UT features plenty of controls, but misses some of the crucial ones. For example, you can pick a button for every gun, ten buttons for looking through other people’s eyes and yet there is no button for zoom. Without zoom, this made shooting people from far hopeless; especially on capture the flag maps where there’s plenty of space between bases. "

Can you believe that crap?

What a joke...I'd love to show this guy the depth of UT.

-I_AM{skullface

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
This guy basically complained that:
- not all the maps included in UT are gems, and not all the 3rd party maps made for UT neither are.
- he didn't find out about the FOV command
- it reads "Press Esc to start" when you're connecting to a server
- listing all the UT servers on Earth makes his 500 MHz overpriced P.C. (Piece of Crap) choke.
- "PRECACHING" isn't written in an anti-aliased font

and he missed the various gametypes (the m0 sticked to Deathmatch), the superior physics, the balance of weapons, combo moves, and many many features of UT.

Most important of all, to me, is the problem that the guns have a straight out nasty design. I would much rather have a Railgun, Shotgun, or Rocket Launcher rather than the Redeemer or Translocation.
*COUGH*:rolleyes:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
WTF? That guy must be the worst n00b I've ever seen!

Shotgun = Flak Cannon (much better)
Rocket Launcher = erm, well... Rocket Laucher :con:
Railgun = Sniper Rifle (maybe ASMD?)

The railgun is a semi-low-skill weapon compared to the sniper rifle. Ok, it has a lower firing rate, but hits are usually kills.

I'd like to see him trying to get the damage amplifier in ctf-face and other maps. :D

Cieprus

Mapper...In Progress
Feb 17, 2002
~America~
www.geocities.com
Domination is when 2-4 teams try to take control of the map by taking over the “Control Points”. You can do this by going to the control point and staying there for 8 seconds.

Staying there for 8 seconds uh?

Either he is very, very confused...

Or 8 seconds go by in 1 second when I touch a control point...

For some odd reason, I think this KID is partially blind and maybe mentally challenged in some way.

Sekhmet

the Destroyer
Oct 16, 2001
Memphis, Egypt
www.carpeimperium.com
i dunno, i get mad when im reading this crap :mad: What a joke.

Unreal Tournament features tons of confusing, huge, and monotonous maps. Maps in UT are like the ones back in Wolfenstein 3D; mazes. There are no places you can go to have an advantage. It’s the same silly thing everywhere.

Maybe you can make some time to discover the maps? I think he took 15 seconds for every map. Can you imagine that? Sitting in his room, checking out dm-codex for example. "no boring. next one" UT is deeper then he thinks, i think the moron didn't play enough :mad: No advantage in maps? Maybe you should search for some good weapons and powerups? :rolleyes:

When it comes to loading the multiplayer servers list, the list goes on and on.
Maybe thats because UT is a great game, that's popular, noob :rolleyes: Or use the populated server tab

Epic Games sells the user a long, very much-unneeded storyline, but no one’s buying. The story line, a few people buy Unreal Tournament, connect to the Internet, and shoot the hell out of each other, would be better than what Epic tries to advertise.
That's your opinion (it's a cool story i think), but Quake3 is the same.
This review is noobish, it doesn't do UT any justice. He didn't mention the cool moves, the 1337 weaponry, superior bot AI (not in Q3A i think), cool maps you should take your time for, etc etc ;)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I think someone should tell him that you can define which weapon is best etc etc. They should also point out that the reason it takes so long to finish pinging is because there is 4,000 servers.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Originally posted by namu
This guy basically complained that:

- listing all the UT servers on Earth makes his 500 MHz overpriced P.C. (Piece of Crap) choke.

*COUGH*:rolleyes:

Funny, I never had a problem on my old 233 MHZ desktop w/a voodoo banshee. It took awile but I never hosed my machine.

l0zer!

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
LOL

This newb is obviously a Q3A fan, has spent all of about 20 mins in front of UT, and thought he could intelligently bash it on this website, who for posting this review has lost any and all credibility with me.
Unreal Tournament’s graphics are great. There’s not much I can criticize here.
Nice of him to let us know he was just lookin' for stuff to talk down about. Yawn.

I love Q3A, but this jackass has no clue. I could pick this apart, but I just gotta say one thing. The Maps? The maps are the reason it took me so long to like Q3A. Maps in UT own. See, Epic has a secret weapon. His name is CliffyB, and he is always watching. In Q3A, avoiding the wrong place is objective 1. Fragging comes second. If you finish with 0, you're not a newb anymore. Then quickly become elite when you start coming up positive.

And he gave up the tranlocator, for the random telleporter, and two guns that are weak. Prolly 'cause he can't pronounce Redeemer. He said, Pluse Blaster. I'd love to tote a SR to a Q3A game... oh gawd... I got your rails...

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
All I have to say is L :lol: L

Any ways when was this review made cause at the bottom it says

Hopefully these elements will be available in Unreal 2, due towards 2001.

2001 as come and gone and Unreal 2 won't be out for a little while. Also that site hasn't been updated since March 5, 2001. It's main news attraction on the front page is Theif 2 !?! :lol:

That site cracks me up.:D

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
Unreal Tournament is Epic Games’ reaction to id Software’s Quake III Arena

Quake III was released less than a month after Unreal Tournament

As if it wasn't bad enough that he totally mistook a great game, and poorly reviewed it, he's not even smart.

I could understand it if maybe he was like, a really good writer, and he just didn't like the game, and maybe knew what he was talking about....but he sucks.

If that site does come here to check out this link...let it be known.

There is a zoom...on the sniper rifle, the only weapon you need it on.
There is a Rocket Launcher, a much cooler one than Q3's.
The ASMD shock rifle has the awesome ability to combo, thus rendering it the coolest weapon in FPS ever.
Only custom made maps have the tendency to be monotonous, all epic maps are fairly small, ignorantly easy to figure out, and have power-ups and shortcuts which more than balence the gameplay and can give good players the advantage.
The teleporter (x-loc) is probably the most useful and interesting feature in UT, it can make any gameplay time completely different, imagine the x-loc on Deck....
The keys can be re-binded...you don't have to have the ability to look through your other players, you can make those do other interesting things, like bind taunts or speech.
The list load too slow for you...Eavy Server Browser...get it.

Unreal Tournament is a game...Multiplayer is a different type of game, when you get done with a multiplayer match, and it says press esc. to start a game, that's not a glich or a flaw. If you press esc. it takes you back to the GUI, from which you can START A GAME!! see you can start up a game of Unreal Tournament, which is a single player game, totally different from the multiplayer aspect.

Get rid of that crappy review and have someone with brains do another.

T

Terminal {DTH}

what an IGNORANT mf

Players are detailed as well, almost all players look close to identical. Everybody looks human.
[Maps in UT are like the ones back in Wolfenstein 3D; mazes. There are no places you can go to have an advantage. It’s the same silly thing everywhere./QUOTE]
*moo!* :p

bugger must know NOTHING about stragidy then.

he was complaining about the guns too?!?! did this idiot even KNOW that there is a secondry fire mode for em? he sure as hell was clueless as to shockcomboing that is certain. not that i honestly believe he could actually effectivly pull it off anyhow. :p

:rolleyes: X100 !

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Obviously this is a joke, or he's a biased quake3 fanboy :eek:
Anyway, I couldn't care less what he thinks of ut. I enjoy playing it. I know it rocks. And that's all I need that matters to me.

lophead

It sounds like its written by a 13 year old that really likes Q3, hasnt played UT (much) and just wants to bash it so he can somehow feel as if hes in some elite "Q3 ownz UT" club.

If you want to write a review for say mineswepper, you dont go about it saying that solitaires better...

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
The railgun is a semi-low-skill weapon compared to the sniper rifle. Ok, it has a lower firing rate, but hits are usually kills.

Actually, the Railgun in Q3A is harder to use than the sniper-rifle. The railgun waits a half-second after you press the button before firing. Frankly, this annoys me, but it is a fair tradeoff for the lethality of the weapon, and does require skill.