UnWheel EC Map Bugs : Report Here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Hey guys, for the next version of UnWheel EC, we would like to nail down as many map bugs as we can. If you could list any you come across, that would be wonderful. :)

- UWRC-LostGods, 2 playerstarts are located on the start line, this leads to UnWheel not registering that the person has started the race

- UWRC-UrbanCircuit, repair barrier problems and fix invisible wall, possibly widen track in areas

- UWRC-Hilltop, needs clearer track markings, ppl get lost after first turn, not sure where to go

- UWCTF-GarageKing, needs wider ramps, and more player starts

- UWKB-Billiards, needs more playerstarts and more ball spawn locations

- UWCTF-Aquanum, needs more player starts, only 1 seems to work atm

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
- UWRC-Sherwood (ProjectX): Decline near end has buggy spawnpoint near checkpoint; passing checkpoint at the bottom of the "U-ramp" and resetting car makes car spawn into terrain

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Ravu al Hemio said:
- UWRC-Sherwood (ProjectX): Decline near end has buggy spawnpoint near checkpoint; passing checkpoint at the bottom of the "U-ramp" and resetting car makes car spawn into terrain

I was aware of the problem with Hilltop as soon as I'd joined a server with peeps on. I really need to get some beta testers to check my maps out first.

I've never come across the Sherwood problem before. I'll have a look into it nevertheless. I probably selected the checkpoint and moved it down by accident.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Furious_Dwarf said:
UWRC-Industrial - Small cars hit and come to a stop on a dime on the ramps in the map.

Yeah the previous fix was a fix I had to slap together in a few hours (literally)

As soon as I can I'll get onto working on those fixes.

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
Is it me, or are some of the racing surfaces not exactly lined up? I was specing on colorado and noticed tiny gaps between some of the SM sheets that made up the road...if I moved the camera along the road surface in the opposite direction of the racers, sometimes it would get hung up on these "gaps".
I was thinking maybe they were there on purpouse as maybe you would get hung up on them occasionally if they were perfectly aligned, but then I'm not sure. I think that eliminating any inconsistency will help to smooth out some of the rough spots as I mentioned in another post and make gameplay more predictable(I'm basing my experience on primarily using the F1 in racing because it can be pretty touchy). Sometimes I'll be going flat out in a corner and I know that I lost control due to an inconsistency in the racing surface and not because of my speed exceeding my lateral grip.
Anyways, I know perfection is hard work, but I know you guys can get closer...lemme know if you want someone to do alittle mapping "bitch work" and I'll pop open the editor and see what I can line up n stuff...I'm a total newb, but I'm willing to help if I can...like, I can open the editor, move things around and click save n stuff. Seen a couple vtms. ;)

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Have you ever duplicated a mesh in UnrealEd?

You'll notice that UnrealEd handily shunts the mesh straight off the grid (even if you have the smallest grid size available. Perhaps a petition to Epic to fix this in a patch or at least for the next engine

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
Not sure exactly what you mean.
When I'm in the editor and make a copy of a mesh or brush or something, I can't remember if it offsets the copy or not(at work now)...or are you talking about something else?
Personally, I was under the impression that working with snap to grid helped with alignment issues, but when you're dealing with curves and stuff and don't want everything to seem like a slot car track, things could get a bit tricky.
I have messed with the editor a little bit and remember getting things off the grid somehow which totally screwed everything else up with regards to alignment, so I had to revert to the version I saved before, but I gave up on that project anyways, so I never really got aquainted with all of the fun things the editor has to offer with regards to new levels of "gaming challenges". ;)
I guess opening the editor could answer a lot of the questions I have, but in the simplest form: Can we get rid of the imperfections on the racing surface? :D

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
No doubt. I was really just asking about it, I guess. If it really bothered me that much, I'd just try to do better myself, right? ;)
Colorado and UrbanCircuit are my favs, btw. :)

Last edited:

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
UWRC-MidnightAir - Not enough player starts and/or it has incorrect tags on player starts and unwheel car starts

UWRB-Clearing - Needs Blocking Volumes placed on top of rocks (plyrs hiding with flag on top of big rocks)

UWRC-Industry - (mentioned earlier i know) ramps needs blocking volumes added to accomodate low body cars.eg. F1 flair cannot get up some of the slopes.

UWRC-Hilltop - Maybe consider turning it into a rabbit or ctf gametype map? would imo, be better suited to one of those gametypes. We could use more of those anyway :)

Not map related:

-MoD vehicle needs shader added on windshield (plyrs disappear at wrong angle)
-XVert vehicle needs to have Center of Gravity heightened a bit eg too low now so it spins out too easy on turns

Last edited:

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
UltraNew-B said:
UWRB-Clearing - Needs Blocking Volumes placed on top of rocks (plyrs hiding with flag on top of big rocks)

UWRC-Hilltop - Maybe consider turning it into a rabbit or ctf gametype map? would imo, be better suited to one of those gametypes. We could use more of those anyway :)

Like both of those ideas except for clearing, don't put the volumes on the rocks in the center of the map because you can actually drive over the rocks in an F1 even, so it's not like anyone who gets up there can't be followed and it allows a sneaky getaway if you get cornered near the access point(of which there is only one that I know of).
Hilltop is actually a cool race map, but I agree it's a great CTF and Rabbit map without the billboards and checkpoints.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
J3110 said:
Like both of those ideas except for clearing, don't put the volumes on the rocks in the center of the map because you can actually drive over the rocks in an F1 even, so it's not like anyone who gets up there can't be followed and it allows a sneaky getaway if you get cornered near the access point(of which there is only one that I know of).
Hilltop is actually a cool race map, but I agree it's a great CTF and Rabbit map without the billboards and checkpoints.

I think the rocks in question were some of the rabbit points, I fully agree that you shouldn't block the middle rocks. There's nothing like pulling a flip or a barrel roll while escaping from the hunters.

Oh and I'm glad you like HillTop. You seem to be the only person so far that's had a positive comment for it (bar members of the team)