ONS-Celestia public beta test... [pics]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FizzyB

Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
Ok I need to test ons-celestia, on my server, with as many people as i can get :p so this is where you guys come in. As a first beta the map isn't optimized yet and still has various bugs etc, but thats ok for a first beta and ill fix that up later, the bots dont work yet because i want to see how people play it online and mimic it :).

Also the map is low grav at the moment (normal grav ON the islands) but this will be replaced (hopefully) with a jetpack with just enough fuel to take you from one island to another before recharging.

Download

celestianew.JPG

server IP: ut2004://62.212.74.122:7777

id be very greatful for people to come and test :)

cya
Fizzy
celestia2.jpg

Last edited:

{RA}SKYFURNACE

Game Mapper & Press
Apr 17, 2004
Looks interesting.
Someone should do an ONS map where there are no vehicles, that would be new and interesting...

there are 2 such ONS maps in the Unreal PLayground Mapping Contest...

Bot40's ONS-Droar is great!

X-0

May 6, 2001
Visit site
MegaManInferno said:
Looks interesting.
Someone should do an ONS map where there are no vehicles, that would be new and interesting...

I'm working on one, but it is getting neglected at the moment, in favor of another one I started

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Looks good :)

It reminds me of my map XMP-SkyIslands which has been in development for 3 months now.

-Myr

stephen_casey_1964

Toy Sculptor
Apr 9, 2004
Tacoma WA, USA
I am downloading and will try to get on. 7 megs and looks awsome by the pics. Very creative.

EDIT:::::::::

Itried to get online but there wasn't a server. SIlly as I am I tried to host a server just to see if we could get a few people in, but my PC choked. I played it Instant Action first to check it out. So here are a couple notes.

Obviously this is a lovely map with great exterior feel to it. I was very relieved that there was Chineese(?) style music and that it was good. Just today I kid you not I was thinking I could go for some relaxing asian music when I got home.

Terrets and such seamed to work fine. Double jumping before leaping got me to the next island. The last Island took the Raptor and that was fun as there were a couple of my normal cartoon AI opponants waiting for me. WHen I landed I got nailed and jumped off to try online and pop you this report. I will be trying to join a server again tonight and occasionally later on as I like this map. Thank you.

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
8 FPS inside the base... :(
But that's my fault, my system is crap.

I'll say it again, this map is so incredibly detailed. Rich visuals and music really put you in the game. Islands-in-the-air style map would for some pretty fun fighting in the Raptors, although the bots seem reluctant to leave the base unless they die and respawn at one of the nodes.

FizzyB

Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
Hyrulian Hero said:
8 FPS inside the base... :(
But that's my fault, my system is crap.

I'll say it again, this map is so incredibly detailed. Rich visuals and music really put you in the game. Islands-in-the-air style map would for some pretty fun fighting in the Raptors, although the bots seem reluctant to leave the base unless they die and respawn at one of the nodes.

Don't worry the map is yet to be optimized and i achieve a pretty low FPS inside the base myself, because EVERYTHING is rendered although you cant even see it. When antiportals are added you should get a great fps in there and also ill make some of the foilage dissapear on low detail :)

as for ther server not being up :| someone must have messed with it, ill fix it when i get home tonight.