So how long does weed acctually stay in your system?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Everyone i ask has a different answer. I've heard allot of people say that drug tests can detect weed in your system for up to 3 months, after you've done it. Anyone have any links to legit sources that can clear this question up. I've never smoked weed, so how long would it stay in my body (so if i were to take a drug test)? I'm just asking, its not like i'm gonna do it or anything......................lol :D

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Who the fuck cares if you smoke, especially on the net. I smoke all the time, its good for you (well not the actual act of smoking) It calms the nerves, allows you to see with an altered (better?) perspective of the world around you, inspires creativity, a good natural pain killer, and a great social enabler. Don't be afraid to say that you smoke, be proud that you don't feel like the criminal that the government says you are.

now for how long it stays in your system... well it depends on how much and how often. if you smoked once in your life, a single bowl, it'd be out of your system in about 3 days. the more you smoke the more thc is stored in your fat. I guess it could stay up to 3 months but I've been a moderate smoker for about 3 years and I can pass a drug test with 6 days notice. Not saying that its out of my system, but you can fool the tests pretty easily with dilution and vitamin suppliment to make it look like you haven't diluted your urine. Don't ever buy "cleansing" products because thc isn't water soluable, they won't help. don't take herbal suppliments, some they search for for that reason and some might give you a false positive. don't put household cleaners in your piss either, they'll detect that.

If you need actual data on your "hypothetical" question go to www.erowid.com and or www.marijuana.com

Last edited:

M_O_DJerry

Sep 21, 2002
Kassel, Germany
Visit site
So as long as you didn't inhale it.... :lol:
It can be detected.
In urine it can be detected in between 10 days or 2 month after our last smoke. Depends on your addiction.
But in hair it can be detected as long as your hair grows. It accumulates in your hair. So if you don't cut it after your last joint.... . They can even tell you the time span you've consumed it, depending of the growing rate of the hair (approximately 1 cm per month).
Say goodbye to your mullet. :lol:
But analizing hair is quite expensive.

Last edited:

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Eliwar said:
Who the fuck cares if you smoke, especially on the net. www.erowid.com and or www.marijuana.com
I dont really care if ppl on the net know if i smoke weed or not. But i acctually have never done it. I party with my friends allot, but i never smoke up with them, just drink. There all like "we gotta get stoned together this summer". I wanna try it atleast. But i'm job hunting right now, and i dont know if someone might want a drug test.....

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
This sort of thread pop-up every so often. And it made me wonder if drug test are all that common in the US (seeing as they're probably not even legal here)?

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
they are very common in the US. Most states allow the employeer to test their employees, so they seem to do it when ever they can. I too am looking for a job and 9/10 times the employeer wants to test you. Its sad that they cut out so much of the prospective workforce (that are intelligent, creative, hard working adults) for something that they do on their own time. They're screwing themselves, the general population and the economy.

I, obviously, don't agree with hiring drug test or random tests once you are employed. I see a use for it if you come to work wasted all the time. But if you smoked, just for fun one time at a party 3 weeks ago and you don't do it regularly, its a pretty shitty thing that they can deny you employment for that. Again, what you do on your time, its your problem, your place of work doesn't need to stick their nose into it. I bet your boss wouldn't like, and probably take legal action, if that he got fired for being a raging alcoholic at home (beating his wife and kids no less) but being perfectly capable at work. It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
No teh weed stays in your body forever! Only and exorcism performed by a level 20 cleric can save you from teh evils of weed! If not exorcised, the weed demons will eat you from the inside! Run for the hills, he's gonna explode!

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Whatever you do, make sure that if you're smoking weed, you're also doing something productive with your life. Few people strike me as more pathetic than those who do nothing but sit around on their fat asses saying that there's nothing to do in life but smoke. Ever heard of going for a goddamn walk? Sheesh...

This outburst is brought to you by the "Watch Your Friends Turn Into Pathetic Fatass Losers And Expect You To Do The Same" fund.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Can't you get pee off anyone else?

I am not sure dope is something worth going that far out of your way to try.

I mean, it's nice and all but I wouldn't jeopardise any decent jobs to try it.

Its sad that they cut out so much of the prospective workforce (that are intelligent, creative, hard working adults)

Those aren't the words I would use to describe long term cannabis users. :D

Last edited:

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
um... lets see, my dad has smoked for over 30 years, he owns his own business, he's quite successful. He builds computers, cars, and is damn good in woodworking.[edit] and a damn fine father/husband![/edit] I smoked all though highschool for the most part, 3.6 average, won numerous awards county and state wide for art, while having some pieces exhibited in Washington DC. Many of my professors at college smoked, hell we smoked together. In fact... I bet you meet people everyday and you go, "damn this guy knows what he's talking about" or at least don't look down upon them and you don't even realize that they are high. Just because you smoke doesn't mean you're unintelligent, especially when you're not high. Not everyone is creative who smokes, though it usually helps open up people to themselves. When you understand what you're all about, you find that you are much happier. And as for hardworking, hell yes a lot of us are... you know how expensive it is? You need to be a diligent worker to have any sort of life and smoke.

Maybe you need to stop looking at the stereotypes of people who enjoy this plant. To be stereotypical myself, I find people who drink any bit of alcohol are usually worse people than people who habitually smoke. They're violent, destructive, impulsive, and generally do stupid things. People who smoke weed usually care about community, sharing, doing things for other people just to make them happy :eek: and generally don't do stupid dangerous things because we always have to watch out back from people who think they need to send every stoner to jail. Stop believing the governments lies, don't think that legality = morality. "ohh ohh the government says don't smoke weed its bad for you, you'll hit little kids, you'll get pregnant cuz you don't know what the hells going on. They must know cuz they be the government!"

Now I know there's plenty of deadbeat losers who smoke, but oddly enough, I find that there are just as many losers who don't smoke or have some other "vice". I'm sorry, I know what this is going to lead to, spm1138 just wanted some information on drug test stuff, not a debate on how weed is bad/good. I know my opinion, so does everyone else. I just wish it could have stayed just about the topic where we wouldn't have to defend our lifestyle.

Whatever you do, make sure that if you're smoking weed, you're also doing something productive with your life.

thats the key to anything that you do in life. Have fun, but make sure you are also contributing to society.

[Edit (again)]hmmm looks like I'm the one who's starting the debate when I scroll back... don't listen to me, I need smoke a bowl and cool down. I shouldn't preemptively get defensive[/Edit]

Last edited:

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
I knew it would end up that way if I asked that. :hmm:

Anyway, I find it rather pathetic that it's even legal for employer to make such test. Heck, if it was that way here, a good part of college/university student would never be able to get a job. :p
It's almost as common smoking weed then cigs (while not in the same quantity/frequency obiously). I know more people that have atleast tryed weed then the few that have smoked cigs.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
THC has a half-life of aprox. 1 week. There needs to be a certain amount in your system for them to detect it in a drug test. So if you have a 500 THC count (abnormally blazed out of your skull), the following week it will be 250, then 125, etc. So basically, it depends on how much you smoke.

If you just smoked a couple bowls, most likely 1 week. If you smoked a handful of blunts, it's going to be a couple weeks. If you air sealed a room and threw a pound of pot in the fireplace, you're ****ed :D

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
so if someone smokes pot occasionally, and their hair is pretty shot and they get it cut regularly, how long until its no longer detectable? Or does it get deposited in your scalp. My friend said it takes like 20 years for it to go away but that sounds like a long time.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Your friend is a bit off. From all the information that I've read, up to 90 days. The detection time is somewhat shorter if your hair is less than 1.5 inches.

Private~Parts

metamorphose-tetraform
Mar 17, 2003
Wellington NZ
Visit site
I suppose it's down to your metabolism too. If you eat loads and don't get fat (a generalization I know) then your body gets rid of unwanted chemicals quicker. I think the more active you are, the quicker you get rid of toxins in your body. Having said that, Chronic hit the nail on the head with his last statement, har har!

Papos-x

He's the sweetest. Just never cross his path.
Jun 25, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site
If they really wanted to, can't they take a sample of your hair and detect what you have done in the last 6 months?? I heard that from my boss, he was applying for a job at the bank and they asked him for it.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
Its sad that they cut out so much of the prospective workforce (that are intelligent, creative, hard working adults) for something that they do on their own time.

They're also protecting themselves from loosers that smoke dope and end up quitting two weeks later.

I know plenty of people that smoke, some that are even millionaires, with amazing homes, jobs, families and all. But I also know I don't want that **** around me, or anything else that could theoretically jepordize my freedom, or the custody of my son. Its illegal in most of the US, and until that changes thats just the way it has to be.

You can quote examples all day of successful people who smoke, but you can quote as many if not more of people who are total loosers.

Quze

ever hopeful
Apr 8, 2002
London UK
Visit site
Now onto more important matters. Depending on the type of draw* you aquire, there are several different methods of consumption.
(*= "draw" is a general name for canabis in the UK, we don't generally call it "weed" unless it actually is weed.)

The first and most obvious method is smoking. There are three principal categories of smokeable draw: Skunk, Weed and Hash. As a general rule, skunk is the most expensive (and produces, for me anyway, the strongest effect). As an owner of virgin lungs however, I wouldn't reccomend that you start with skunk. Weed is probably your best bet, as Hash (which comes in resin form) can be pretty harsh on the lungs and throat. Not quite sure about the exact differences between skunk and weed, but generally weed's high is less intense, more pensive. That's when I get my best thinking done. For me, skunk is the typical "stoner lying on floor with tongue lolling out" type of high.
You can smoke draw in a "spliff/joint/zoot/jay/skin... etc etc", and there are litterally a-million-and-one different types and methods of rolling up. Then there's the "bong/shisha" which passes the smoke though water before arriving at your mouth, helping alot to clean out the impurifications. This means a much smoother inhalation, but with higher intake levels obtained from a regular joint (because you suck for longer).

Then there's oral consumtion in cakes/cookies/drink etc etc, which is all pretty fun too.

Anyway, I guess it's all down to personal preference. Have fun, it's bloody nice :)

(i don't smoke drugs I promise \o/ )