Take care of yourself healthwise.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trustingsoup

Cannon fodder
Jan 20, 2008
In front of my computer
Don't be like me.
24 with blood pressure issues.
Issues so bad that when you see a doctor for seeing spots, the doctor tells you that you were minutes from a stroke.

You guys are kinda like my internet family.
Just take care of yourselves.

I thought of this when I read your post . I know the cause isn't the same, but it shows how your health is not to be taken for granted.
Take care of yourself. Wishing you luck.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
You guys seem to be playing the long game, which is fine. I intend to drink and fuck and pick life or death fights until I lose. I think my way is easier and more fun.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Mark this day down as the first time cryptophreak and I actually came real close to agreeing on something.

I have very much agreed with this partial set of lyrics by George Strait in his song called “Here For A Good Time”

I ain’t here for a long time
I’m here for a good time
So bring on the sunshine
To hell with the red wine
Pour me some moonshine
When I'm gone put it in stone
He left nothing behind
I ain’t here for a long time
I’m here for a good time

There is another great song here in the US called something like I'm pretty good at drinking beer. That one is worth looking up the lyrics too.

I have just started trying to take better care of myself and it is too late I'm sure but I want my kids to see that I did try and that I tried for them and their mother.

BTW Dotnetbeast I asked that question because I had formulated my own theory about people having strokes at any age and no matter their race etc etc. In easy terms, there are filters that surgeons can place in blood lines that capture blood clots thus preventing them from getting to the brain and causing a stroke. I felt that I saw a greater number of people stroking out who had some high level trauma event in their medical history no matter how long back it was but usually after they were a teen. I never had enough evidence to have a study done but I argued the correlation was easily as strong as another theory I had that many people did agree with but again no study has proven it. That theory is that people above the age of 65 who break a bone suddenly seem to start losing their memory as old people often do anyways. Even the people who seemed to be beating the clock and didn't seem as old as they really were suddenly started suffering most of the things that most other old people suffer from even though they may have healed from the initial injury just fine. Think about it. Do you have a grandma or some other old person in your life who broke a bone and then within 5 years hardly knew who you were anymore? Hundreds of people I have surveyed in the past when I was in the medical field said yes to that question. They say their loved on was 75 and running and playing like they were still fifty until they fell in the bath and broke a hip or a ulna or something. Then they healed but were never the same. Their hearing and eye-site soon went. Their hair turned totally gray. They stopped driving and all of that. The stopped being active. The main thing I saw and heard was they lost their memory. That one seemed to hurt the family members the most too. The trick is to find out what physically is causing this so it can be stopped so old folks can continue their great lifestyle even after a broken bone injury. I still strongly feel that had these folks not broken that bone they would still be going full speed for many more years before the inevitable slow down.

Old folks are awesome people. As you get older you start to realize they are the national treasure of wherever you live. Stop and really have a discussion with some really old person some time. You'll see!

In closing I'll say to try to stay healthy and listen to whatever your doctor tells you. I'm out of this topic. I hope you get everything worked out Dotnetbeast. Good luck eh!

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Posting this from the hospital bed.
I was feeling worse, and my brother drove me to the hospital.
Long story short: Gastritis and a fever (the doctor thinks lymphoma is causing the fever because of a CT scan they did)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yes, man, definitely get better. My grandfather had a heart attack at 48 and died and then my uncle (his son) the same deal; this was back in the 60's and 70's though when the tech wasn't quite there to save people quickly. I'm 47 now and just started taking high blood pressure medicine last year. I've had slightly high blood pressure for about 10 years, but never high enough to take pills until now. My cholesterol is fine, so let's hope everything holds out. I try to eat healthy at least half the time and try to exercise as much as possible. I think I'm doing OK now. I think it's time everyone started to or continued taking care of themselves. Some of you guys in your 20's/30's and younger think you might live forever, but trust me to continue taking care of your bodies because when you get in your 40's stuff starts to go wrong and things don't work or heal like they used to.

Hope you get well very soon, dotnetbeast!

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
The Lymphoma has been cleared. They confused it with a blood clot....

EDIT::

OK. I'm finally home. Got some prescriptions and a week off work.
I do like how I check and see I left my PC on, and there are a bunch of messages from someone on steam about how I'm disrespecting them by not answering them...EVEN though I'm in a hospital.
(looks right at al)

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values

Glad to hear it. Take it easy and take care. :tup:

I do like how I check and see I left my PC on, and there are a bunch of messages from someone on steam about how I'm disrespecting them by not answering them...EVEN though I'm in a hospital.
(looks right at al)
It wasn't me I never contact anyone on Steam............. :D

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com

(looks right at al)

Damn dude. Do they know what caused the clot? More exercise surely wouldn't hurt your situation. I don't know how big you are, but some cardio workouts would be the way to go.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Holy frak, sounds like quite a trip. You're still among the living though, always a good thing. :eek:
Like others said, some cardio could help you out a lot.

Also you steam buddies suck donkey. Tell them to get off their high horse.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I was impaired on whatever day this was and have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't mean to get on a high horse, as that's probably illegal and I could have been arrested or ran over someone.

Forgive me.

Also, glad you're feeling better.

Last edited: