OK, back to the best game ever made here!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
yah the Partridge Family had their own bus too...the Brady's didn't. But the Partridge family clearly lost out to the Brady's in the famous Brady Bunch vs. Partridge family debate of the early 1970's. I think of the Brady's as more of an Unreal Tournament type family. o yeah..and Carmack is Bonaduchi

TheRock

The Official BuF MASCOT
Nov 10, 1999
Smackdown Hotel
members.ud.com
The Rock suggests if your going to even attempt to insult John Carmack with that lame
Patridge reference. Learn how to spell first.
Goodness your spelling of Danny's last name is pathetic. Jabroni get some spelling lessons and then retry that joke. CAuse until then The JOKE's ON You.
Sheesh the Rock found that to be the all-time worst comparison of 2 games in the history of debating. Partridge family and Brady Bunch?
You need some serious counseling.

bullet2.gif

IF YA SMELL LA! LA! LA!
WHAT THE PU MASCOT IS....
........... Cooking!

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
Fender feels that the Rocks always referring to himself in nothing but the third person quite possibly constitutes the need for some counseling on the rock's part too. Fender does not own an autographed copy of the Bonaduchi autobiography entitled "My Gay Redheaded Life With Carmack and the Rock" so an exact spelling of the name would only be a guess.

Q3A

Dec 7, 1999
Visit site
I know I'm your favorite game. You just say you don't like me because you'd hate to say you like a game that has its own bus. Well games having their own bus is the thing these days. So I'm the coolest and best game there is!

[This message has been edited by Q3A (edited 12-19-1999).]

SWITCH

Nov 25, 1999
BUFFALO
Visit site
The topic has been discussed to death...no one cares....stop wasting our time....go play deathmatch and be happy....becase that's all you have.

Oh yeah theres a great site for you where you'll have lots of friends.
www.planetquake.com

[This message has been edited by SWITCH (edited 12-19-1999).]

SWITCH

Nov 25, 1999
BUFFALO
Visit site
Maybe he calls himself The Rock because he's strung out on the rock, as in crack rock.

here you go Pookie this might hold you over till you get some more ---->> www.virtualcrack.com

[This message has been edited by SWITCH (edited 12-19-1999).]

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I just bought Q3A earlier today and had to tweak it for about 20 minutes to get acceptable framerates.

It's a good game, but it's a different kind of game from UT. UT's polished, slick and solid. Q3's raw and it's got a different feel to it - it feels like someone took a 70's movie, brought it kicking and screaming into '99 and turned it into a FPS.

I like both games though.

bullet2.gif

The only light I ever see is the light that fades before me.

fusion

Dec 18, 1999
Visit site
I CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE....!!! I PUT BOTH GAMES ON MY SYSTEM AND I HAVE ALREADY HAD TO RE-INSTALL UT AND I STILL AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT!!!! GRANTED I AM A LITTLE MIFFED AT 3DFX FOR NOT GETTING ON THE BALL AND GETTING THE RIGHT MINI GL'S OUT TO SUPPORT Q3A BUT THAT IS 3DFX'S PROB NOT ID SOFTWARE... ANYWAY, I PUT UT ON MY SYSTEM AND ALL WAS GOING FINE UNTIL I PUT THE CRAPPY 402 PATCH IN.... ALL OF A SUDDEN MY SYSTEM WENT HAYWIRE... I COULDN'T PLAY UT AT ALL... I HAD TO UNINSTALL AND RE-INSTALL THE DAMN GAME AND GUESS WHAT.... HAHAHA NOW MY CONTROLS FREEZE, AND THE GAME SIMPLY SHUTS DOWN RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF PLAYING AND GIVES ME A GENERAL FAULT PROTECTION ERROR! HAHA SO MUCH FOR STABLITIY!!! Q3A DOESN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM... HEY I'LL TAKE STABILITY OVER ANYTHING, INCLUDING FANCY BOTS AND SUPPOSED AI.... I AM SO PISSED AT GT RIGHT NOW FOR RELEASING THAT CRAPPY PATCH.. I THINK I AM GIONG TO RETURN THIS GAME AND STICK TO QUAKE.. I HAVE PLAYED QUAKE SINCE 96 AND SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER THEN TO STRAY... I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON WITH THAT BUGGY PIECE OF CRAP HALF LIFE.. MY GOD THAT GAME IS WORSE... AND IN RE-BUTTLE TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE ABOUT TO SAY "YOU NEED TO KNOW WHO TO GET YOUR SYSTEM TO WORK..." LOL LISTEN UP!! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!!! I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER...!! WHY IN THE HELL IS IT "MY" JOB TO MAKE THESE GD GAMES WORK... THERE SHOULD BE ONLY MINOR, IF ANY, CONFIGURING... THAT BEING SETTING UP YOUR CONTROLS AND PLAYER MODEL... I AM SICK OF CRAPPY GAMES!!! POWER TO ID SOFTWARE.. I AM SORRY I EVER DOUBTED THEM!!!!

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
Fusion, for every one of you (having UT instabilities), there are thousands and thousands who have had complete success with the game.

So, I'm guessing it's not GT's nor Epic's fault.

As for Q3 and 3dfx... I too have Q3 and a 3dfx vid card. I have had no problems with 3dfx's drivers.

I'm also guessing that there are thousands and thousands of Q3 players with 3dfx cards, who also aren't having problems. But blame it on 3dfx if you choose.

Can anyone say "scapegoat"?

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

fusion

Dec 18, 1999
Visit site
ahhh first off wingnut I never said I had problems with Q3A... It works fine, my complaint was that I had to go out and get the dll to get the thing to work... but once I did, I had no trobs... hummm maybe that's why I said "I agree..." Ok, secondly.. where the hell do you get "Scapegoat.." explain this to me.. Ok let my tell you one more time so you'll understand...

I INSTALLED THE GAME UT AND IT WORKED.. I FOLLOWED EVERYONES ADVICE AND INSTALLED THE 402 PATCH... BEFORE GAME WORKED.. AFTER GAME DIDN'T WORK HUMMMMMMMM LETS SEE COULD IT BE THAT THE PATCH IS SCREWED??????? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK.??? A BUNCH OF GREMLINS CAME DOWN AND SAID "HEY LETS SCREW THIS GUYS COMPUTER UP!!" I DON'T THINK SO... OK... THIS IS NOT MY PROB AND IT IS NOT MY COMPUTERS PROBLEM... IT IS EPICS PROBLEM!!!!!

fusion

Dec 18, 1999
Visit site
TO WINGNUTZ:

AHH I JUST WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT UPSET WITH YOU.. I APPOLOGIZE IF IT SEEMED THAT WAY.... I AM JUST FRUSTRATED WITH THESE GAMES.... THAT'S ALL NOTHING PERSONAL

Creox

Dec 6, 1999
Canada
Visit site
Sounds like a driver issue to me but who knows /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I would completely uninstall UT(after saving your games :O)

Reinstall and try UT without the patch and then after the patch. If you still have aproblem then make sure you are not running extra programs in the background (antivirus ect)

Who knows it might help (shrug)

N

NIGMA666

Yeah Right!!! UT is way better then Q3A, there relly to diffrent from eachother to compare!UT just beats Q3A in gameplay and everything else.......but Q3A beats UT GFX wise. Have you ever herd Sarge in Q3A say "Die Bitch".......i dont think so!......the bots are alot smarter in UT and you can command them! unlike Q3A.....

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

Romanz 6:23

Status
Not open for further replies.