Whats your UT2k4 Playlist?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
I recently rediscovered the joy of the ogg player in ut2k4 and gave it a shot, only to find my playing getting better because I chose music that got me pumped. I need to convert more VNV Nation songs to ogg now! :)

My current playlist:

VNV Nation - Fearless
VNV Nation - Honour
VNV Nation - Honour 2003

More to be added.

So what's your UT2k4 playlist?

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
When I used to play with music, Amon Tobin & Bjork were frequent additions.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Dirdmister said:
I dont listen to music while i play but if i did id prob look for jus something with a good beat and no lyrics...jus like club stuff

:con:

My preference is Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe Through the Tulips"

.....that, or nothing at all.

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
.ogg? cant you use normal .MP3s in UT2004's player?

and i usually listen to UT2004's music, but i will probably start listnin to music during game next time i play, cuz i dont think i get any better or worse with or without music... not that i care to much anyway :p

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
No music for me unless I'm just messing around trick jumping or something. Occasionally I'll keep Winamp open in the background to listen to some metalcore stuff, but otherwise music is just a distraction.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Dird is try to be pro now. All he does is challenge people to 1v1s on various IRC channels. You can't listen to music and 1v1 at the same time. ;)

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Hmmm... the built-in player, called Stream can play Ogg and MP3, supports tags for both formats, including ID3v2 for MP3. Adding files is very simple, since you can select multiple files, just like in windows explorer by holding ctrl or shift. Also, you can create the list in winamp, save it as m3u and select the m3u in Stream player. Aside from this it has a couple of useful console commands like:
NextSong
PrevSong
PauseSong
StopSong
SetMusicVolume (value from 0 to 1)

If you want UT to mention the name of the track it started playing, go to UT2004.ini, find [Engine.StreamInteraction] section or add one, if it doesn't exist and add a line "bDisplayTrackChanges=true" under it.

As for my current playlist, it's either some old jazz track of the 1910-20 years called "Oh Mama", by Ines orchestra or the "Festivo" track from Takeshi Kitano's Zatoichi OST (the one that is very end of the film). Festivo is very good for DM matches, cause it has a very nice rythm.

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
In a serious game no music for me, too distracting. In a fun game I usually have a stereo playing in the background.
Renegade Retard said:
Let me do this again....

Does no one remember what Dird's very first post was here at BUF???
Yeh he broadcasted crappy music, maybe he wasn't listening to it himself.

Last edited: