Help a buddy out

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Acceptable_Risk

Nov 7, 2001
Maybe you guys can help me out. I need a little constructive criticism on a map I'm making. This is like the second map I've made but my first CTF.

I need to fix a few bot issues and such but it feels like something else is missing. Overall, I think it's decent but could use a little more polish. Maybe a moat or an underground tunnel between bases or maybe just the item balance needs some work.

I know no one wants to download a newbie map, but I think this one has potential so help a friend out. Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Shin

Ethical Illusionz
Aug 29, 2001
Behind my desk
www.ioerror.co.uk
Ok ill drop a line ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :p

Nah jk with ya allright ive downloaded it and checked it out!!

-First of all its WAAYY to dark!! OUtside!
- Second lose the coret textures, I hate coret textures they are ugly ;) (<------ IMO )
- Im an instagib player so i leave the itemplacement to someone elses opinion!!

ERrr you need to work on the lighting cus the bases are just one grey area..

Well aint got anything else to say about it, just keep on mapping and let us test em ;)

BTW if you use other textures it will have a way better look ;)

Markie

Oct 19, 2001
Well like Shin said, it's too dark outside. You could give the whole area some more light. And try to make your skybox have the same brightness as the outside area. Cause it looked kinda odd, the map was black everywhere and the skybox was pretty bright
(the clouds in your skybox moved too fast btw). The lights you did place in your map had no visible lightsource, try to make something that actually looks like it produces the light.
The architecture inside the bases was allright, kinda empty though. Outside it was pretty bad, at least, the things that I could see looked bad. ;) The ground is just flat and this makes for terrible gameplay when you have such an open area. Some hills or trenches all over the map would be nice. And maybe some structures between the bases for cover.
Some more textures or another set of texture might give the map a better look, it was mainly grey and black now.
Itemplacement was okay for a ctf map in my opinion, I like to have a full arsenal when I'm going for the flag. ;)
Less health would be better though.
I didn't complete the game I played because it was all so dark, it made the map pretty boring. So I can't say much about the bots.
I did notice that they act pretty strange in the bunkers.
Furthermore your map was missing music and sounds. Especially the lift should make some sounds when it's moving.