Gallery Map getting a facelift

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Now don't go trippen... I know I didn't have time to complete a map while I was on the Inf team, I still don't have the time, I'm just back messing with this one. It might take me another year just to release it. But I have been taking what little spare time I have and am redoing the Gallery map and wanted to share the progress with you all.

I forgot just how fun it is working in UED2 again. :)

As usual Islington will be doind the bot's, conversion for deco items, general cleanup (not to mention rebuild half the damn map if he gets a bug up his ass.. hehe j/k). So expect another team effort type map (I don't understand why more people don't work that way). :)

Anyway, in order to break up the clean and polished "feel" to this map, I am changing it to a construction in progress type building. You'll have to ask Islington about the game types for this one, since he is the master and all. :p hehe

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Hey cool... Thanks for all the kind words duders, ya all be too kind to the old Spooge fart.

Now on to Bizness... what game types do you all like to play? I mean, TDM is easy - a no brainer... but do any of you acualy play any of the other game types?

And if so, what is it about them that you like or dislike?

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
DOM!!!!!!!!!!!
I really can't say much, cuz I dont know the layout.
But it looks big enough for some DOM action.
Since you with the INF team, and made the map, you could make it for EAS if it fits.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Actually, Jaymian.. I'm pretty sure I saw the announcement somewhere, and I personally know for fact that Spooger isn't with Infiltration anymore. He left on his own terms because of time constraints.

However that doesn't mean that it can't be an EAS map, eventually. I can see a nice hostage scenario, not un-like the first mission of Rogue Spear.

Mike

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Hmm... OK... Enhanced Assault System... cool...

Yeah well...

You know that rock? The one I just crawled out from under...? Well, it was pressing down so damn hard on my brain (whats left of it anyway) that I don't have all the faq on this new system... EAS.

Soooo.... can someone point me to the full story on it? And like, when it's going to be fully functional.

Also, is it looking to be as popular as TDM for On-line play?

Here's my fear, I was asked to do this map one time, was in fact told that everyone was screaming for it... (regular old DM) so I did the Texas Bank with this game type in mind and got bi-atched at non-stop for weeks because everyone wanted TDM instead... know what I mean?

So is this new system going to be the shi-ite... or should I be looking at regular old TDM?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
If you're planning on releasing it soon, TDM is your best bet for now. Down the road EAS will be what INF will focus on as a mod, & probably will be the most-played game-type online (though nothing's guaranteed in this crazy business as you know).

As for what it is, as its name suggests, it's an enhanced form of AS. Basically meaning more varied & dynamic scenarios than we're used to w/ current AS games.

If I say any more Warren will have my head... :eek:

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Hmmm... I don't know...

I was holding out for a hot young chick... (lets make her rich while we are dreaming, that way she could pay my mortgage too).

If you can fulfill all those requirments... then your on!

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
I added this to the other forum threads and figured I would add it here too since it's a pretty cool video...

I did a camera (Interpolation point) flythrough of just half of the map... like the Unreal flythrough you see when you start unreal up. You can see deco's and even the new cool animated rope decos Islington created (they are blowing in the wind).

For you high bandwidth users hit this link (10MB File)
http://web.ntown.net/~marklarsen/dano/Gallery_LG.zip

For you Low bandwidth users hit this link (4.5MB File, that was as small as I could get it and still look good)
http://web.ntown.net/~marklarsen/dano/Gallery_SM.zip

Does not play you say? Then you don't have the Divx codec installed, shame on you! D/L it from here (Only 700K file)
http://web.ntown.net/~marklarsen/dano/divx_3.11alpha.zip

Pretty cool, worth the D/L if you have the time and bandwidth!

;)