WCG Japan: Results Are In

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
A day late... but a remarkable story nonetheless. The World Cyber Games Japan finals for UT2003 are complete with top prize going to Taiki 'Kikuji' Terasawa, an 11 year old (yes, an 11 year old), who will be going to Korea to compete in the finals.Runners up were Hanbei and Crize.

Cached.net is offering demos of the match, as well as a pic of this talented young player.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
nobody's interested about wcg singapore? :D
Kinda surpise to see Hanbei's loss. I've seem both him and cries played and they are pretty fine duellers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
just watched the demo of that match this guy is amazing, he fires off a flak bomb in the air and even before it hits the ground he has shot the other guy with his shock rilfe three times or so.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Bleuchamp said:
They don't seem to use the shield very much.
Yah for some reason, a lot of asian duellers dont use the shield much if they're low on health, usually it's a fight to the death if there's sufficient weapons in the inventory. Even here in singapore, but the trend is slowly changing. Players grew more defensive now.
I've just forked out some time to watched the demo, and for somebody whom I've never heard of in japan's scene and for a 11 yr old, this kid's movement and strategy is awesome. His aim is also good considering his age. He's not on par against the western duellers yet but omg, he's 11 and can kick my ass.
But I think our top duellers can take him for a decent fight. Too bad none of them managed to turn up. :/

[edit]Oh wait, I have seem him played before on code-reality tourney, just that he didn't really left an impression.
I mean I don't know he's..... 11?
/me wept @ mah skill

Last edited by a moderator: