Arms getting tired?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
How about, for the purpose of realism, when you hold your rifle up to your eye for too long, weapon sway dramatically increases over time to the point where you have to rest your arms? Or would the scale for this amount of time be greater than any map we play?

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
because if you take it for granted that the INF soldier is trained and has a proper shooting stance, or position, you can hold that relatively easy for a VERY long time, and in INF, unless you plan on making the games last for hours and hours per map, its just not gonna be feasible or desireable to have this implemented.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Well, i have to admit, i got the idea from playing Red Orchestra, and there, the rifles begin to become uncontrollable after about 10 seconds (although they are instantly 'revived' after unaiming).

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I hate that feature in Red Orchestra. It degrades everything into strafe out, snap shoot, strafe in.... bleh. The person who has had more time to set up their shooting position is usually at a disadvantage because you are most accurate immediately after stopping and bringing up the sights.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
keihaswarrior said:
I hate that feature in Red Orchestra. It degrades everything into strafe out, snap shoot, strafe in.... bleh. The person who has had more time to set up their shooting position is usually at a disadvantage because you are most accurate immediately after stopping and bringing up the sights.
The RO team feels they need to confront every gameplay problem with some radical unrealistic solution, yet they end up creating more problems in the first place. Extreme weapon sway was introduced to circumvent camping.

I think what they should use, is a timer. Once the timer reaches 10 or so, a little hand appears in the distance, like 'Thing' from the adams family. Thing flies over to you, and continuously slaps you in the face like a metronome until you have run around for about 5 seconds.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
I was thinking something like this would be cool for INF but only for unsupported positions like standing and leaning crouched. I would also like to see the weapon drift down after a few seconds of aiming in one direction in an unsupported position. My idea is that if you allowed your weapon to drift down into the low ready position you would not incure any arm fatigue. Then if you move the mouse up a significant amount the weapon comes up into view.

Nadebait

Dec 8, 2003
Leaning, stamina, and the weight of your weapon should be the only thing to affect this. UT99 is hard to do it and the red orchestra team is made of gamers not soldiers with a messy hit system and should be compared to much. IRL though I've held my C8A2 up aiming straight for 2 hours 34 minutes loaded and with a sling, not easy but with the right state of mind anything is possible. Should be busy thinking up a way to get rid of the yurch hit mutator and put in criticals instead of this.