What the **** is aimbot

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
From now on, we SHOULD start replying to these questions by PM, if anyone is courageous enough to do it. Granted, we are a community bent on fair play, but we should also answer questions pertaining to the dark side.

An aimbot is a client side (meaning user end...not server end) hack that automatically fixes your crosshair over your target's head. Not only that, but it jumps from target to target once the one before it is dead. For some reason, I seem to think this was developed by spawn camping Face h0s. But who am I to say. ;)

Be forewarned. The server side mod CSHP, which is quickly spreading across the land of good-natured UT servers, blocks client side hacks, including most aimbots. It also reports your IP to a website (I believe...I've seen it). And if any of us see you with it and using it ruthlessly, we will NOT be pleased.

The members of PlanetUnreal Forums do not condone any acts of cheating.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Actually...

I don't know if he is a spawn camping sniper ho, but the person who created the first funbot, (from what I hear) was one of the people who is now fighting to stop them. I think it was DarkByte.... I read a post of his in the CSHP forums that he said he leaked it unwantingly... Silly programers/uscripters prooving what can be done... Talk about your all time back fires.

Not that that info is extremely relevant here, but, FYI...

John13

Scrotum Pole
Apr 13, 2001
0z
Visit site
dude hope your not tempted by the dark side,
it is much more satisfying to suck totally today and be holding your own next week/month.

Just the rush UT gives me when I'm doing well.
I know I'm getting back what I've put into it.

best thing with aimbot is if you can recognize it and still own the lamer. < just wait for the abuse you'll cop >

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Another interesting origins of the aimbot fact:
Dr Sin created the first known one and I think his brother or somebody under the name [dark]Jedi used it online. Tho that one was never leaked and Dr.Sin apoligised for it. He was working on it to find a way to stop an aimbot should need ever be and apprently I guess the need did be:)